Grand National

Clodagh

Visit site
Anyone recording it please note it is a seperate program to the normal ITV racing. My Sky box had not picked it up.

I hope we get to see a female jockey kick some butt!

Visit site
No Arthur this year 🙁 but he will be back next year!

I am going for another Scottish horse this year - Captain Redbeard! Small yard but the horse stays and loves the mud. If also love go see Tiger Roll go close because he is such a dude!

Equi

Visit site
Haven’t placed a bet cause I’m at work but I’m backing All the women but also “chase the spud” cause my horses nickname is spud lol

Equi

Visit site
Been quite a rough show already think the soft ground is making things worse. Definitely fatalities.

suffolkmare

Visit site
I think lots pu on second circuit. Surely unprecedented to hav photos for 1/2 and 3/4? Feel sad re screens at Bechers, didn’t look good. Some sore jockeys too I reckon. Tiger Roll deserved the win, though tiring.

Equi

Visit site
All bar one back. Saint are being assessed on field.

Update he is back at the stables still being assessed.

Last edited:

suffolkmare

Visit site
Anyone know how tall the “diminutive” Tiger Roll is? I’m praying Saint Are will be ok, he’s done so well in previous Nationals

Visit site
All bar one back. Saint are being assessed on field.

Update he is back at the stables still being assessed.

He will be sore. He got a proper belter of a fall.

I'm a National hunt girl through and through but some of those falls , more the bring downs and side on collisions were very hard to watch.

Visit site
They kept banging on about how small the winner is, but he's 16 hands. Since when was 16 hands tiny?

Hope all horses and jockeys are well.

It is when your taking on chase fences let alone the national fences 😂😂😂 he is actually small for a chaser. Most that size take too long to get over a fence compared to their larger counterparts so stay hurdling. In perspective One For Arthur is 17.2hh.

Goldenstar

Visit site
16h is a small horse particularly for a chaser .
He reminded me of red rum happy to go deep and hop great run fantastic ride

{97702}

Visit site
My TB was 14.3hh at the bum and just scraped 15.2hh at his (very pronounced) wither - I always wondered how he got over the P2P fences as he really wasn't a talented or brave jumper!

LeneHorse

Visit site
I had a wee each way bet on Tiger - he ran a great race. I was also pleased that See you at midnight finished, shame he tired at the end. Hope fallen horses and jockeys all ok.

Fools Motto

Visit site
I think Saint Are hurt himself running (and falling) when loose at the 1st fence second circuit. I do hope he is ok though.
I'm thrilled Milansbar and Bryony finished 5th, they had such a lovely ride.

Clodagh

Visit site
I think Saint Are hurt himself running (and falling) when loose at the 1st fence second circuit. I do hope he is ok though.
I'm thrilled Milansbar and Bryony finished 5th, they had such a lovely ride.

I thought he did get up and gallop off. I hope he is OK.
Briony Frost is just great, horses love her and the way she speaks about them you can see how she fills them with such confidence.

suffolkmare

Visit site
So pleased to read that Saint Are has gone home after a good night at Aintree, thank goodness for our top class vets. He was brought down but continued riderless until falling further on.

scotlass

Visit site
An update from Tom George in RP. Saint Are ("Arnie") has been out in his paddock, and has now been retired by his owners. Will spend a summer in the field before a decision is made on any new career.

suffolkmare

Visit site
Great to see ITV have not only wished both Cue card and Saint Are happy retirements, they showed Saint Are trotting around at home. They then went on to detail the reasons the green screens are used, for the benefit of the general public who don’t always appreciate that they provide privacy ( eg jockey at Bechers) and a calming effect on a potentially panicked horse.