Grand Prix Stallion Lingh Sold To The USA

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
http://www.eurodressage.com/news/dressage/holland/2006/lingh.html

There has been rumours in Holland for the last few weeks that this stallion had been sold, and it has now been confirmed. He had a disappointing foal report from the KWPN this year with his first crop of foals.
crazy.gif

amandaco2

Visit site
i actually quite like the stallion from what i have seen of him.
he has good lines (i have to say so as B is by his half brother!) not seen any of his foals myself.
its a shame he doesnt throw good foals , i suppose this limits his use as an entire.KWPN are good critics of stallions, its a great idea to look at the offspring and use that to grade a stallion imo.

Tempi

Visit site
definately. I think that there are some real high class stallions out there throwing some seriously good foals that when a top stallion dosent throw good foals everyone knows about it, its a shame really.

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
definately. I think that there are some real high class stallions out there throwing some seriously good foals that when a top stallion dosent throw good foals everyone knows about it, its a shame really.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole point of the KWPN is that everything is out in the open. Every KWPN Approved stallion has to have foal reports, then of their youngsters at the age of 3, 7 and 11. All are open for the public to view and this is what breeders use as good indicators of whether or not to use the stallion. The reports also indicate the mares the foals were out of, so that people can judge what they suit best.

When he was graded, many of the top breeders in Holland said that he would not make a good breeding stallion as his motherline is not the best. By the best we are not speaking about the stallion line, but what the mother, grand-mother, great-grandmother etc has done and whether any have produced National/International horses. The emphasis is on the mare and NOT the stallion.

There is no doubting that Lingh is the most wonderful competition horse, with a lot of presence, power and the "look at me" attitude.

Breeders vote with their feet, and the Dutch are no exception. It also goes to show that the best competition stallions do not always make the best breeding stallions.

I am sure that Lingh will have a very bright future in America where he will be used as a competition horse and also a breeding stallion, and who knows, he may well just breed International horses.
wink.gif

amandaco2

Visit site
yeah the mareline is very influential!
thats why i choose a KWPN graded stallion, because his offspring and validity as a breeding stallion rather than as an individual is thoroughly checked.