Grange farm livery

Honest_joe

New User
Visit site
Let me start by saying this review is based on my own personal experience. We moved to Grange 3 years ago, at which point the yard and land was pretty well maintained. Fast forward to the last 12-18 months. The fields are not managed, they have been topped once since we got there, and in summer, there are more weeds than grass, to the point where some liveries have taken to strimming their own paddocks. The field fences are, in some places, down right dangerous. There are gates propped up by, well, thin air and bale entwine. Areas of it are leaning that far over, they are almost on the floor. When you enquire, you are told hay and straw is included, however for the last 4 months, because there was no hay left, we were presented with black silege, thick with mould, and only suitable for cattle. We had to buy our own in if we didn't want to feed it, and no reduction in price was given. The stable block I was in was allowed to go to rack and ruin, a stable roof that was broken, which the owners had known about for over 12 months, ended up falling in, leaving razor sharp blades of slate in my horses stable and water bucket. After multiple, polite (I have proof) requests to fix/resolve the roof and fencing, all of which were ignored, I started looking for another yard. 2 weeks later, we were asked to leave, with 2 weeks notice. When asked for a reason, we simply got a smirk, a shrug, and told we weren't wanted there anymore. There are also PUBLIC planning permission requests online that confirm planning has been granted to turn our block into holiday let's. I know many people are happy there, however as I said, this is speaking from experience, and our horses safety is paramount! I also have photos to back up the fencing and my stable roof.