Grannusberg - Anyone have anything by him, please?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
As title says!

Am looking at using him on Bea (full TB) but would like to see or hear about anything that is by him if anyone can help. Many thanks in advance!!
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
I'm sure that whoever it is who has a horse by him on here thinks that their horse looks like him....... Wish to goodness I could remember who it was!!

Rambo

Visit site
There is a mare on our yard by Grannex too. She is very mare'ish and a pain to be around a lot of the time, but does have a decent jump and is quite careful
smile.gif

Tufty

Visit site
Have you considered any of the stanhopes stalllions they have great temprament and lovely paces., I thought I read that you didnt want to go down the warmblood route so never suggested them before

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Must admit, having dealings with a filly by Diddicoy, probably unfairly, I wouldn't touch any of his with a bargepole! She was out of a lovely natured mare but all this filly wanted to do was kill you - and she had been well handled by her experienced owner from birth, not untouched or anything, she just had a screw loose at the time - she is now jumping and loving it but still an old battleaxe you have to watch your step around else she'll pick you up like a terrier with a rat!
frown.gif
Sort of coloured my view a bit! He's also quite diddy when you get upto him, not a lot about him for me I'm afraid.
I know I'm not a fan of warmbloods but being so close to Westpoint have seen a few Fultons around and met him; he is a delight and that is very important to me but equally, he is throwing some really nice animals that are useful too.

It's so confusing, there's too much choice!
grin.gif

legend

Visit site
Totally agree with Rambo, have known 2 totally unrelated Grannex horses, both had awful ridden temperaments, both reared (properly) and the mare was very hormonal- regumate essential! I'd take LOTS of convincing personally, but i accept that 2 aren't nec representative of what that line will pass down.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Scroll down that page, she's quite a way, I thought I'd missed her! There are also pic's of her on the Westpoint Stud site under Grannusberg, the jumping one is probably better than the sale site one.

Iestyn

Visit site
A friend of ours has a 4 yr old by him - will PM you later as still at work. Nice sort - very strong minded though. Oh, lzt's Fal was by him...now she's got one or two colourful stories!!!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
. Oh, lzt's Fal was by him...now she's got one or two colourful stories!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're worrying me!
frown.gif
shocked.gif
Yes, I remember him!

Perhaps (and no disrespect to LZT at all!) they seem to be professionals' horses as in need lots of work and discipline to get the best out of them? Still it does take two to tango so would be interested to know what type of mare he was out of - if you're there, lzt!

Tufty

Visit site
OK asked around and got you some info if you want to go delving.
Hannah Bate in Nantwich has got Dolly Blue and she had 12 faults on her SJ last time out at Purston.

Also there is a filly for sale by this stallion in wigan its on horsequest 01942 811004 half brother is the farriers apprentice

so give them a ring and they will fill you in on temprament etc, I would before I bred

GOOD LUCK !

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
My Grannex gelding has a fantastic temperament, he loves people & is incredibly gentle. He loves his schooling Has established paces & a jump to die for. I've never met a Grannex horse with a bad attitude.
smile.gif

Iestyn

Visit site
Our friends horse is out of a a nice but "run of the mill" Irish mare, by Greannusberg. He will be a fab jumper and moves well. Grannusberg, i believe, is doing well in his own right and I think lzt's Fal was a handful because of his age and some physical problems he'd had. I always admired both the horses, but there are a few by Grannusberg eventing at the moment too. You thinking of using him next year?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Thanks TZ, that's good to know although I am also of the opinion, rightly or wrongly, that although genetics have their part, it is also a lot to do with how they are handled from the start; I've known too many out of 'nice' stock that have ended up being a handful or grouchy due to their stupid owners and vice versa!
confused.gif