Grape Tree Road

moscow_mule

doggy paddling through the custard of life
Visit site
Thank you for replying, every little helps:) I would like to hear about peoples personal experiences as I know very litle(nothing!) about flat racing,and not much else about national hunt!
All I know is that he still commands a £1500 stud fee...so must be throwing some usefull stock.
I'm not looking for a race horse just a good allrounder,I do have the name of the fillies dam- Shazal,but that is proving to draw a blank.
Thanks again:)

oldywoldy

Visit site
Shazal is by Afzal (Sassafrass) out of a Welsh Pageant mare. She won 3 times and about £12,000. Dont know trainer or anything about her racing progeny, temperament, conformation etc.

stoneybroke

Visit site
I continue to wait patiently for his stud fee to come down for non TB mares...just the nicest model TB I have seen anywhere in the last few years....drool over him in every H&H stud ad. Lucky you :)

Visit site
We had a Grape Tree Road mare in the yard. She was bloomin useless! To be fair to her she was a lovely, sweet, genuine little mare - about 15.1hh. When fit she had a buck in her and was a little buzzy but was never rude, dangerous, uncontrolable or spooky. SHe had sarcoids but that could have come from the mothers side as easily as the fathers. She could gallop and she she could jump she just couldn't do both at the same time so never made a great impact on the track.

I've only ever known the one GTR and I have never met any from her mothers side of the family so she could have had traits from both or one.