Grass/DIY/Assisted DIY South London Epsom/Leatherhead/Dorking

AmyEM

New User
Visit site
Hi there

Relocating again, this time from Aberdeen to South London! I'm looking for grass/DIY livery for my two geldings, one 12.2, one 14.2. Happy to travel within reason from Leatherhead. Want access to a school or hacking but doesn't have to be both, and ideally access to a stable in emergencies if grass livery. Any help would be appreciated as finding smaller yards when I'm still working in Scotland isn't easy!

Thanks!

junglefairy

Visit site
I don't know any in that area but try to find local Facebook groups and post on them, that's what I did when I moved to Kent.

Good luck, I moved from Aberdeen to London and the difference in the weather is unbelievable, the summers here are glorious!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
If you are moving to Leatherhead, there are quite a number of yards round that way.
Best thing would be to check out the facebook group Surrey Horse and Pony, also Livery/Grazing information South East, Surrey Livery Offered/Wanted and Livery Yards in Berkshire and Surrey - all will have possible info for you, especially if you pop a post on there.
Bookham Riding Club will be your nearest RC, very active and friendly, again you might find info from them too.
Check local areas like: Bookham, Dorking, East and West Horsley (all busy horse areas) as well as the other side, like Reigate and up to Tadworth etc, all depending on how far you want to travel.
Be aware that most of Surrey is either on clay or sand, 1 is great in the winter (sand) the other obs not..............

Good luck and hope you find the right place :)

Last edited:

wingedhorse99

Visit site
try the livery list website and put youtr postcode in. Is grass livery at a few places in Epsom / Leatherhead, I think. Or Albury.