Grass livery - commutable from London?

luckyhorseshoe

Visit site
I have posted recently regarding livery in Harpenden but wondering if anyone can help with the above.

Due to a pending relocation I will consider any areas. I know that grass livery isn't really associated with London but there must be someone who works in the city and has a horse that lives out.

Thanks in advance for any help!

SO1

Visit site
I am on grass livery in chorleywood within walking distance of the met line tube.

It is commutable from London and I working in central London. It does mean I don't get to the yard till 6.30pm. Forgot to add it is a DIY grass livery though YO does put hay out etc in the winter if they need it and there is someone who helps with assistance but might not be able to do it every day.

The yard is chorleywood livery the grass livery fields are a bit of walk from the main yard but they are nice big fields. If you don't have a good doer then you may need to feed hard feed and not just rely on grass as most of those on grass livery are ponies and cobs.

Actually seen your other post about harpenden - don't think where I am at would be suitable as can't strip graze and some of the fencing is barbed wire in one the fields, though we do have a lovely arena, nice hacking and accessible by public transport.

Last edited: