grass livery in/near west lothian

Biscuit

Visit site
I am pregnant and have started to look at options for moving my horse while on maternity leave, since part/full livery will be financially difficult during this period. My horse is easy going and likes being out, but will need well drained fields ( no standing around in mud over winter...).

Any recommendations for grass livery in or near West Lothian?

Last edited:

bonny

Visit site
You want grass livery in west lothian with no standing in mud in winter !! Not helpful I know but I think you are looking for the impossible !

Biscuit

Visit site
Yeah, I know :) An inch of mud is of course ok, but I just don't want my horse to be standing knee deep.

I would happily pay for access to stable all year, and if needed full livery for the worst winter months, if she could live out the rest of the time.

I do believe it is possible, as long as there is sufficient acreage per horse, good drainage and hard standing near gates etc.

marooncat

Visit site
Not quite West Lothian but Baads Farm just of J5 of the M8 does grass livery. The field used for the winter turnout is a ~ 30 acre one and whilst there is some mud about the gates etc the field itself is fine. (currently only 2 other horses on grass livery there, most are on full)