Grass livery in Surrey

Chianti

Visit site
I've just bought a pony and have moved him to a new yard. I'm not sure it's going to work as there's been a bit of a misunderstanding about how much help I need. Does anyone know any good grass livery options within reasonable travelling distance of Worplesdon which have good hacking. I need full or assisted livery.

Shay

Visit site
Full grass livery is all but unheard off in Surrey - and probably elsewhere too. I'm really not sure how you could achieve that. Why are you looking for full grass livery rather than full livery with 24/7 turn out? (although even that is hard in Surrey)

Yardbird

Visit site
Full grass livery is all but unheard off in Surrey - and probably elsewhere too. I'm really not sure how you could achieve that. Why are you looking for full grass livery rather than full livery with 24/7 turn out? (although even that is hard in Surrey)

Could be achieved at Elysian at Westlands Farm in Shamley Green

Shay

Visit site
The grass livery is only assisted - not full. The only full livery option is stabled. It does look interesting - but is significantly expensive, especially for grass only. Lovely place for retirement livery by the look of it though.

OP - this may well be your only choice!

Scarlett

Visit site
To be honest it does depend what facilities you want. There is grass livery in and around Worplesdon but a lot of it is just grass with no school.

Have you tried Bonnishott, although I don't know how much assistance they give.

I know of a couple of yards in and around Normandy/Ash but I couldn't actually give you a name, there's also a couple of yards up Mill Lane in Pirbright (one was called Pheonix Equestrian iirc) and you can hack on Pirbright Common/ranges. Shortlands in Ash allows you to keep out 24/7 and you have the ranges to hack on, there's also a huge field to the back of them that has been split into paddocks with shelters recently that might be grass livery (it looks really good!) but I don't know what it is called.

Have you looked on the wall in Rokers? Pretty sure I have seen adverts for grass livery on there recently.

I know a fab place in Liphook but guessing that's a bit far!

Chianti

Visit site
Thanks all for the replies. I've been to Elysian and wasn't that impressed TBH- it's a bit big for me. Liphook is just too far unfortunately. I'll look for Shortlands - it's never come up when I've searched on line. I'm just frustrated that I'll probably have to move again. Livery issues were one of the reasons I was never going to have another of my own.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
There is a yard in between Chobham & Knaphill that does do full grass livery, run by a lady called Linda, its by Hill Place. Worth popping in to Chobham Rider to see if they have a contact number? Or ask on Surrey Horse and Pony faceache page?
However, its the only place I know of in the area (apart from the retirement places) that offer this - apart from West Hall just outside West Byfleet. However, I don't think either has any 'good' hacking.

Carl at Phoenix Equestrian in Pirbright village doesn't do any grass livery.

Last edited:

Scarlett

Visit site
Carl at Phoenix Equestrian in Pirbright village doesn't do any grass livery.

I had the yard he is at before him and when they moved in they also had a yard across the road up Mill Lane that was purely grass livery. This was3-4 years ago right enough but it was worth a mention.

With Shortlands it's probably best you just pop in, I've never seen them advertise.

chaps89

Visit site
I tried Carl at Phoenix Equestrian about 2 years ago, they still had grass livery on their website at the time but when I rang he said they no longer did it.
Temple Court at Clandon had grass livery as did Albury Equestrian so they might be worth a look at. Also try the livery list website as well as the board at Rokers or folder at Frosburys.

Theocat

Visit site

What's the difference? I have always assumed full grass livery to be the same as full livery with 24/7 turnout!