Grazing muzzle for a mini shetland

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
After some advise for our mini shetland in terms of grazing muzzle reccomendations.

She has been getting on with the dinky (other than chewing through it regularly) but the Houdini has obviously figured out how to take it off and now gets it off every night she has it on.

Use the ultimate muzzle but she tends to eat out the side of the nose hole so not convinced it restricts her a great deal and she pokes herself in the eye with the buckle by doing this.
Have taken the top padding off and this has helped and it does generally stay on.

Bought a JHL bucket one which was great for a week. Did have to cut the velcro as wouldn't go short enough. However she now either clips herself to the fence so she pulls and is released by the velcro or pulls it off another way. Either way it doesn't stay on a full night.

Tried the shires deluxe. Small pony was too small and pony was too big!

Now at our wits end and pony is getting fatter.

Looking into the greenguard but the sizing seems odd. Is pony the smallest they do? Will this fit a mini? Have seen some something on how to measure and it says small pony, pony and horse but is this just for U.S? As I can only see pony, cob full when buying new?

Any other recommendations for a mini?

Visit site
I personally would stick with the Dinky and plait it into your mini's mane.

I have three tony tots and went through pretty much every muzzle on the market and wasted a lot of money. The greenguard smallest size "small pony" doesnt fit minis, its still enormous, I bought two plus headcollars and ended up having to sell them at a loss.

I have found that the dinky is the only one they keep on if plaited in. I do have my mini x section A in a shires as he just couldnt figure out the dinky and preferred a single hole.

Perhaps check the size of your dinky to make sure its small enough. Mine fit snug around their noses with the fleece band and once plaited in, even with a bigger four legged friend trying to help get it off, they couldnt.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
thanks. The dinky is the smallest one they do and does fit well. Not sure why she has suddenly started getting it off. I did actually try plaiting it in and she still somehow got it off! She just chews through them pretty quickly also so soon gets expensive