Grazing...

H-J

www.piczo.com
How is everyones grazing holding up at the mo??

Mine have just changed after worming and are so full up they arent eating all their hay and feed! And I have noticed they have a bit of a spring in their step since they changed fields!

Alot of horses still muzzled!!
shocked.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Mine doesn't graze, just sucks the grass through the puddles!!!!! Will drain if it stops raining for a couple of days as soil is quite sandy and normally field stays dry!!!

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
We have a LOT of grass. It seemed to all shoot through after the dry summer and then wet autumn. The field my boy is in now has sheep on it to try and help chomp some of it down.

Usually at this time of year we're starting to struggle but this year theres loads.

That being said, the horses dont seem too fussed about it. By lunch time mine is wandering round the gate and spending time with his tree friend (yes... my gelding has made friends with a dead tree in his field
frown.gif
)

BBs

Visit site
Not a bad amount of grass - bit boggy in places but holding up well!

Even wtih 3 loons belting round it on monday!

Could do with it stopping raining for a few days to give it a chance to drain. But they are picking at grass all day
smile.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Archie's grazing is really good, as hes in a huge shared field of horses that are only out during the day. Bloss's field is turning into a mud patch as she churns it up, and theres hardly any grass for her either
frown.gif

Salcey

Visit site
No ours is like a boating lake!!!! just need it to stop for a few days, but looking at the forecast not much chance of that so they are in today to give it a break
frown.gif

Marquire

Visit site
The winter field the girls are in was rested all summer so it has tonnes of grass left and so when Princess F comes in she is not interested in her hay at all.

The boys winter field is looking a bit bare now so GB is currently demolishing two HUGE haynets overnight.

It's all looking quite wet though and it is quite muddy at the gates.

Marie

pottamus

Visit site
Well my boy is very lucky then because he has 2 and a half acres of deep grass to get through this winter! He is only on a bit in the summer to keep his weight down, so the rest grows all summer and he gets it in the winter!
smile.gif
I just move the electric fence over another large chunk every month, that way I have plenty of grass right through till April. It also does not get churned up because he does not hang around at gateways etc...plenty of hoof marks and skids but I don't care about that because it all grows back in the spring. Lucky spolied boy!

riotgirl

Visit site
My grazing is fine, Welshie has pretty much eaten her starvation paddock bare but gets a load of hay and also a couple of hours at a time in the 'proper' grass.

filly190

Visit site
Glad you posted that, my horses are leaving their hay and I was a little concerned. They have seven acres between three and apart from mud round the gates, the grass is good.

Law

Visit site
Our grazing looks amazing but it would do seeing as no horses are allowed to be turned out on it!
confused.gif
crazy.gif
(sorry should have warned about forthcoming rant)
Rah!!

it's lovely, it's lush but alas the horses are in full time about 5-6 days a week
frown.gif

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Ours does'nt look too bad, but mine is coming in Starving!! There is still new grass coming through and she only comes to the gate to come in at tea time. But its still pretty wet, only just holding up.

jemima

Visit site
Ours is divided three acres "volunteer" grass that they are allowed to ruin although there is still some grass among the puddles, we also store round bales of hay on this piece so they have adlib hay. The other six acres is the specially seeded hayfield - and they've all escaped up there yesterday and are having a wonderful time. Old spoilsport (me) is going to go up there shortly and throw them all out back to their play field!

Pidge

Visit site
mine and sis's on nearlly 2 acres, few patches where its nice mud but in general not too bad bearing in mind how much rain we've had. Plus still lots of grass as they have only just started eating the hay we put out for them.

Parkranger

Visit site
I'm quite lucky as Ty has been put in a field with great grass as he needed fattening up - he's becoming a bit of a porker though!

jellybaby

Visit site
I have nothing! Field of approx three quarters of an acre currently resembles a swamp. Annoyingly field also has a spring in it which needless to say isn't helping the matter!
Still, cowbag has 2 good feeds a day, and two WHOPPING haynets a night (that she doesn't quite finish) and is retired so no need for extra "working" energy. I'm even convinced that with no grass, she is putting on weight - quite a feat for an elderly TB!

JB xx

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Quite wet and a bit muddy, however we do have a patch of long grass left which we are letting them have bit by bit (we move the electric fencing).

Enfys

Visit site
I have 3 in a 4 acre paddock, the day before yesterday it was dry, today after 48 hours of non stop rain it is like a boating lake, all I need now is for it to freeze and we can all go skating! Do have 14 acres of drier pasture but it's all unfenced and I'm not struggling with fence posts and electric tape today!