Great airy Yaks/Clips

eahotson

Visit site
Left behind me 3 weeks ago a nice refined looking little Highland. (Been on holiday). Come back to this great hairy Yak. (There is definately something in his pedigree i don't know about). He sweats just standing in the stable never mind anything else.It has been sugested that I just have very small clip then he will be able to live out without rug still. Its either that or a full clip and good rug. Opinions or alternative ideas please!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Give him a good old trace clip. He'll feel so much better for it, and still be able to live out if you wish. You can always take more off later if needs be.

sojeph

Visit site
My daughters pony has some Highland in her I think and she's the same! I give her a low trace and she lives happily out all winter without a rug. Same as my shettie.

Kermie

Visit site
I'm a cruel mum! My ridden Fells are fully clipped ('cept legs and head) and rugged in MW rugs - still living out 24/7. I find they are much happier as they are cool enough to work, but dry off quickly enough to have their rugs back on and back in the field.

I do live in Scotland though, so my ponies grow a particularly hairy winter coat!
wink.gif

1stwinter.jpg