Great British Weather

trendybraincell

Visit site
So this is our yard this evening...
522655_10150715152437879_659242878_9436719_2110931477_n.jpg

Hows everyone holding up :confused:

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
OMG! Great for any horses who have a hissy fit about water though! They wouldn't have much of a choice there! Awful weather here in Cheshire today. Not stopped persisting it down all day. Is meant to be 18 degrees tomorrow though. Yippee!!

trendybraincell

Visit site
OMG! Great for any horses who have a hissy fit about water though! They wouldn't have much of a choice there! Awful weather here in Cheshire today. Not stopped persisting it down all day. Is meant to be 18 degrees tomorrow though. Yippee!!

Ironically its the eventers that were worse about getting their toes wet :D

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Blimey!

It has rained all day in Brum too but our yard is on a slight hill so all the water runs off the yard thankfully. Fields very boggy though :(

Jesstickle

Visit site
blimming heck. Nitty's stable flooded today but nothing like that! It was sunny here this afternoon and the puddles all be vanished.

I See Clover

Visit site
Fortunately the weather here in Central Scotland has been much less severe than many of you down South! It rained most days last week, but it has been very much on and off. Today has been quite windy but dry which is the main thing! Hope the weather starts to pick up for everyone else

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
It dried up this afternoon.........my mare would love walking thro that, i wouldnt be able to get her out of it she loves water and rolling in it :D
X

Fools Motto

Visit site
We are on the verge of being 'cut off' - our town, not the stables, which are, considering holding up well.
Took this video this afternoon, still raining now, and I don't think it will be much longer before the water is going OVER the bridge!

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
Oh my God, you lot have had it bad!! and I thought we had it bad here today!!
We had horrendous wind and driving rain all day, horses didn't get out - we can't risk Kelly having an injury and poor Pebbles would have been traumatised at getting her ears wet! ;)
It's just kicking up again now after an hour of quiet.
When will it stop!!!!
K x

cambrica

Visit site
Ironically its the eventers that were worse about getting their toes wet :D
Ha - you may think- but from one welshie owner to another my 3yr old sec D is a total coward when it comes to puddles. Putting him forward for the hop, skip and jump 2012. Considering he came from the welsh hillside I'd of thought water would be second nature. I have taken this opportunity to puddle train him in our flooded yard.

trendybraincell

Visit site
blimey where in the country are you?

The yard is in Bitton, situated between Bristol and Bath. Unfortunately our fields sit on the river avon flood plain so we've been flooded before :rolleyes: although there was no flood warning this time. I popped back down about 3 this morning, high tide was about 1.30 and thankfully it had dropped an inch or two, the problem no is we have all this sitting water, both local rivers have burst their banks and more rain is forecast :eek: