great day (self indulgent post) lol..

moodymare1987

Visit site
i took my new boy on a long hack today with a 5 other friends, quite a mix of horses really. we went lead file was very good responsive went a lot further than we usually ride and was brill, then i wanted to see what he was like behind in faster paces, he didnt trot or canter untill i asked him to, i was amazed. then i went back at the front went over a lot of style things.

then we got to a huge field, with a few hunt jumps, in the back of my mind i wundered how he would be as he went hunting a lot with previous owners.
he just carried on plodding along. i thought i would treat the whole ride and we had a canter very controlled. typical sj canter. i was very impressed how he was behaving. so decided top jump hunt fences, my god can this horse jump i had an adrenaline rush as ive never rode such a fantastic horse in my life. we was jumping about 3ft 3 but it felt great.

and pulled up absolutley fine. in a snaffle bearing in mind and he is 16.2, the others wasnt feeling to confident to jump so we carried on anyway. got to a very long canter stretch. i let another girl go first i was going to see how he was at a faster pace. the other girl just let her horse go. i carried on walking for about 30 seconds. put leg on nice sj canter.

friend pooped herself as was a little ditch, i shouted leg on and just jump. she got scared and trotted. fred popped over like nobodies business. and other girl jus went and i mean she let her horse go.

i was feeling left out as i was letting him go steady, asked for an extra gear. omfg i have never seen a horse shift so fast in my life. everybody behind couldnt believe how fast he went. we caught up to other horse no probs, and stoped with a half halt. i just cant believe how good he was being and he will defo be fab to compete as he has an excellent attitude.

sorry for the ramble and long post i was feeling rather smug with myself.
oh and i think we have bonded he neighs at me when he sees me weather he is in field or when i come to stable or anything hes so cute. xxx

JAK

Visit site
He sounds a very nice horse indeed, with excellent manners in company!
smile.gif

moodymare1987

Visit site
he is i was surprised as i got him to compete i wasnt botherd what he was like out with others but its a very big bonus, think i will take him drag hunting next season, if he carries on. as it is something i always wanted to do.xx