Great lesson today .... (gushy happy post)

blitznbobs

Visit site
Had a new instructor today... I had booked this lesson ages ago to take my mare but as you may know that wasn’t to be so rather than cancel I took cobbo out for the day... I seriously forgot how good he is... his Canter might be a bit shite compared to a warm blood but he tried his soul out with everything I asked of him... I just left the arena with the biggest smile on my face I was so proud of my little lad... I forgave him for the fact I’d had to wash his tail 4 times Co’s he kept pooing on it!

blitznbobs

Visit site
That's great, I'm so glad that he was able to bring the smile back to your face.

Dare I ask what happened re the ID you were getting vetting recently?

Well people say buyers are contrary- when I arranged a vetting she said she didn’t like that vet so I arranged another - she didn’t like that one either and I gave up - I’m having an ISH vetted tomorrow from an uber reputable dealer so hopefully he’ll be coming home on Wednesday

Hollychops

Visit site
Well people say buyers are contrary- when I arranged a vetting she said she didn’t like that vet so I arranged another - she didn’t like that one either and I gave up - I’m having an ISH vetted tomorrow from an uber reputable dealer so hopefully he’ll be coming home on Wednesday

Can i ask what dealer you are using? I am looking to buy next spring and have heard so many scarey stories re dealers. You can PM me if necessary.

Annagain

Visit site
Every so often I take A on an outing if M's out of action or just if I feel it's time. We always have fun, even if he's not always impeccably behaved!

I have to say though he seriously impressed me on Saturday. We went to the beach with M's owner and her 12 yr old son. Her son's 13hh pony got VERY excited (we're not sure he'd been before) and he got a bit upset so they had to swap. Unfortunately, even with my friend on board pony was a real handful so I took a deep breath and told my friend to gallop it out of him and I'd stay with her son who didn't want to canter. I wasn't certain I'd hold him but I felt like he was with me so it was worth a try. Bless him, with pony belting off in front of him, he was desperate to go but just knew he had to behave. Somehow, he knew it mattered. We just walked and had a little trot all the way back down the beach. In 13 years I have never kept him walking when one of his gang has gone off in front before - never mind then popping into a trot and in a setting like the beach. At 23, he's finally grown up!

Of course M is seriously impressive too as a 17hh horse looking after a 12 year old who's only sat on him twice before somewhere like a beach but we expect that of him. We don't call him The Gentlemont for nothing!