Great mistranslations ?

Apizz2019

Visit site
I saw this one ages ago, just had to Google it to find again.....copied and pasted..

Waxa-Cola
Coca-Cola realised its name’s pronunciation was similar to the Chinese phrase that meant “female horse with wax stuffing.” Now, who would like to buy a female horse with wax stuffing? Even global giants can’t escape translation fails! But they couldn’t have done anything else since it’s the name of the company. Had it been a slogan, they might have been more careful.

Next time you drink a can of coke, you'll be thinking female horse with wax stuffing!

?

Bonnie Allie

Visit site
Verbal translation from the South American airline LAN Air, that gave a whole load of passengers on a flight a great laugh, that I was on from Sydney Australia to Auckland NZ one morning.

Shortly after takeoff Captain gives his welcome comments which in all trans Tasman flights, are the same regardless of airline and include a comment on flying time which we know can be quicker from sometimes from Sydney to Auckland due to tailwinds across the Tasman sea.

However this beautifully accented South American captain rather than use “tail winds” said “we are expecting a shorter flying time this morning of 2hrs and 45mins arriving in Auckland earlier than scheduled as we have a strong wind up our arse today”.

Everyone fell about with laughter.

sunnyone

Visit site
Not as good as Bonnie Allie's but true nonetheless:
Whilst in a French hospital a doctor who thought he could speak English fluently told me I needed a bone marrow biopsy. Fair enough I thought. Then he said he would give me the SLAB to take home! Really? How much would he want?
Turns out he meant the lab slide. Phew