Great places to ride

TheCurlyPony

Visit site
Hi

I thought it might be nice to have a thread were we could put all the great places to ride. So ill start.

Escrick Park Estate A19
25 miles of off road hacking with optional Xc jumps
Love it my favourite place

RubysGold

Visit site
Brilliant post! :D
I havent really been anywhere away from home much (though I hope to)
We went to Escrick park which was GREAT fun (met up with hho'ers :) )
Also been to fountains Abbey

I live in riding distance to Temple Newsam which is lovely (although in the nearly 5 years Ive been here Ive never actually ridden there :O
And theres loads of fab hacking here! :D

Muddyboots

Visit site
Castle Howard! Tonnes of bridle ways. Parking just off the main castle Howard road. There is a suggested route on the ride Yorkshire website but all you really need is an os map!!

Lissa

Visit site
Definitely agree about castle Howard, we're stabled a couple of miles away but all the bridleways link up and you can go for hours.

Lissa

Visit site
Its on the main road from Malton, so probably what you'd class as the middle compared to the one outside if I'm thinking of the same one.

kathantoinette

Visit site
Another lover of Escrick Park. Also been to Castle Howard and Sledmere House when they run the Pleasure Rides - they are great fun. A bit scary with the hills though. We are just flat, flat, flat where we are so not used to any hills.

terrierliz

Visit site
Kiplingcotes, easy parking at the old station and several different loops you can do of varying distance, lovely countryside and although quite a bit on the roads they are quiet with lovely wide verges that you can still have a canter on :D

Friend and I went this morning and had a lovely ride.

Lissa

Visit site
Yeah its fantastic, used to be stabled on other side of Norton and there were hardly any decent bridleways. Now have tonnes.