Great XC schooling session

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Went XC schooling today at Blackdown Hills with 6 others from the yard.

My XC opinion of Fleur has changed although she still needs a lot of work. Started badly with a huge spook at the tiniest log you seen but went on to jump the majority of the Pre novice fences clear first time. She needs work on drops and skinnies but had her jumping in and out of water, over a decent sized trakenher and straight over a corner fence and all sorts of others. Had a few nappy moments but nothing stupid and after the schooling field she went off on her own round the course/

Majorly chuffed with her, may not have sorted out her SJ issues yet (need to get her out again on that front) but she was very well behaved and honest and I had OH SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!!! moving house at end of month but now on search for hunter trials to go play at now
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Katie

and a quick edit because forgot to say got new 2nd hand albion albion fitted yesterday and used it today its soooooo nice to ride in
grin.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Sounds a productive day and fun, there are quite a few HT in last week's Western Morning news, one at Budleigh Salterton I think we might do.
We are doing Nutwell court ODe then a HT, with any luck we'll see you there.
Are you moving out of the area?

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
No just moving about 10mins up the road from where I am now :lol: just a much nicer house to what we in at the moment and about 2 minutes from the yard
grin.gif

Budleigh sounds good, to start i'm going to stick with HTs as I don't want the Sjing to become an issue and then her not being able to do the fun part (think i find it more fun though :p )

tigers_eye

Visit site
And then what will you do? Stay with JL for the time being?

Congrats on the xc! Going to be joining BE next year? She never felt like any of the fences were a problem, just the mental attitude (for a change
tongue.gif
). I've only seen a few of the fences at BH when I jumped at the area show there last year but they looked very nice. Best of luck with the HTs!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
yes staying at JL for the time being but am actively on hunt for something better paid! got one in brigwater to apply for! £24k will make the 30min drive worth while if i got it!!!

its cr@p at the moment though job wise round here unless a property surveyor or an engineer it seems!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
i would but on that wage i could afford some
wink.gif

not lawyerly another customer servicey but more managerial and supervisory. waiting on various law firms now to see if any of them want to interview me for 2008 starts! hate this applying two years in advance malarky