Great Yorkshire Show Cancelled!!

ladyt25

Visit site
Well, just typical seeing as I got offered a free members ticket for Thurs and was looking forward to watching the showjumping :(

I hate the weather in this blooming country!!! Booooo

ladyt25

Visit site
No, the whole thing's cancelled! I blame Harrogate - they could have been less tight with their parking (stupid disc parking), closed the roads, used them as a car park and run a shuttle bus. That's what I'd have done! Lol :)

nixxyz

Visit site
How sad, my little girl was going to be going with her nan :( I fear this is not going to be the last agriculture show to be cancelled this year :(

ladyt25

Visit site
Seemingly you can use your tickets again next year. I am betting they'd prefer people to do that than give a load of refunds! I feel so sorry for all the tradestands as they've suffered really badly this year what with the big horse events being cancelled. I fear that some won't survive as they'll have lost so much money :(

Merlin11

Visit site
It is a real shame. Hardly been to anything this year. The royal highland kept running by using Edinburgh airport and a local banks car park. Banks have some uses! Some folk missed their flight though because they couldn't get parked for all the show traffic!

Dolcé

Visit site
We went today and the ground was horrendous! The rings held up quite well, the main ring had to be rolled for ages after the hunters and the showjumping but the others were doing ok - until the deluge! There was so much water it was running like rivers and just sitting on top of the grass in flat areas. I have seen that some people won't be towed out of the car parks tonight because there are just too many and will have to spend the night there, not sure how true that is but I could imagine it being the case. We were supposed to be showing Thursday so are really disappointed but I don't see how they had any choice other than the decision they made. I really feel for all those involved in the planning, the girls dealing with the entries had worked so very hard in recent weeks getting the entries sorted and having problems with the online system, and everyone else involved in the setting up. The businesses will have lost a fortune I would think, all that time setting up for one, fairly quiet, day.

We had a lovely day but crowd numbers were well down and each class had at least a couple of entries missing. It is just such a shame that such a brilliant event has become yet the latest victim to the bl**dy rain!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
We left about 6.45pm and they were having to tow 4x4s out! We were lucky and were parked pretty near a roadway, so got my little Jimny out without any problem. They were towing out pretty smartly where we were. I should think though that there would be problems of people slipping, as it was getting nasty underfoot on the show ground before we left. It is such a shame. I know quite a few people who were planning to go tomorrow, who have booked a day off work :(