Greedy H&H

perenzo

Visit site
way to expensive....horsedeals is expensive to.

Their is so much choice these days as to where to advertise...such as the internet, other publications, local tackshops, they need to et into the real world.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
They have put their adverts up from £60 to £75, oh well will now be a linage ad at £17.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bother with a lineage ad. I've never had much response from them. Didn't have one phone call for Rhi. Much better and cheaper ways to advertise now!

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Horsemart/Horsegold far cheeper and brillant response never not sold from there i think its the layout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither but then to be honest I don't think I've ever bought a horse from H&H either. I don't even bother to read the lineage ads anymore.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Always check the lineage if I'm actually after something, my theory being if it's advertised in anything bigger I won't be able to afford it! Liberty was advertised in the lineage section of H&H.... Also bought my 2nd pony from H&H, he was advertised as Wise Old Gentleman - and he was! Another - Jack - I found at a dealer's who was actually advertising another horse in H&H which I tried but didn't like, but tried him and bought him. Sold him through H&H but can't say I was overwhelmed with response. And William's mum was sold through it too... Agree though, £75 is a lot for an ad, particularly when their copywriters seem a bit hit and miss!

dieseldog

Visit site
That's what I thought I always read the linage if I am actually looking. Last time I advertised I got no response at all from Horsemart/quest but a lot from H&H. I sold my last horse from a linage ad in H&H but with a B&W photo which was about £40.

PuddingandElla

Visit site
There are lots of way to advertise but i would always reccommend H&H. I bought my mare from it last year, B&W picture. It would be the first place i would look when buying a horse. It is v expensive tho!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
£75 is expensive but it can be very effective if you know how to search!!!

Also agree that the best priced horses are to be found in the lineage ads, found Premy, santa and goofy from lineage ads. Prem had already jumped HPI level and to be honest was dirt cheap for what he was he probably costs at least 10 times more now as a 20 year old than he did when I bought him as a 6yo jumping the same heights!!

Santa another lineage ad which not sure why but I was drawn to, made my mum see sense that I did want to see a cob x 5yo and the rest is history.

Goofy shortest ad in world but again something jumped out. Although tradegy struck with him he was an outstandingly talented horse who had been originally bought to be aimed at advanced until rider broke back so sold her string as although allowed to ride again she couldn't do sitting trot so just kept her advanced horse to showjump.

hmmm wandering from point as par usual ha ha ha

but yeah I would only ever lineage ad at first as a serious buyer would look at all the ads and not just the coloured pics in my opinion
wink.gif