Grooming kit recommendations!

soloequestrian

Visit site
I am currently using brushes that were bought as a present for me almost 30 years ago. They have done very well, but are looking a little the worse for wear. Having not purchased new grooming kit for such a long time, I have no idea what is available. Any recommendations for new and exciting (or old, dull but functional) products?!

WelshD

Visit site
I like the Borstiq brushes, I dont use all of the ones I own but there are a few really good ones such as the natural bristle dandy, the small body brush with adjustable strap and the lovely lovely (but useless at this time of year!) horsehair finishing brush, these are the sort of brushes that will last you decades

The Lincoln version of the furminator is very good as are Magic brushes

milos

Visit site
Love my magic brush I have a very expensive set from oyster which I don't think are anything special so don't think are worth splashing out on also love my cheap dandy brush !

DD265

Visit site
I have some Oster brushes which are lovely (I bought individually to pick and choose). I also have a magic brush.

Penny Eater

Visit site
I've found Reinhold's natural bristle brushes to be excellent quality and very hard-wearing. Also a big fan of the traditional cactus cloth, you can get them quite cheap on eBay. They're fab for getting sweaty saddle marks out, with shampoo while bathing, removing loose hair and getting dried mud off sensitive areas.

JustKickOn

Visit site
Magic brush and I really rate the shires brushes!!

The borstiq ones are beautiful though and really good quality.

Tnavas

Visit site
I am currently using brushes that were bought as a present for me almost 30 years ago. They have done very well, but are looking a little the worse for wear. Having not purchased new grooming kit for such a long time, I have no idea what is available. Any recommendations for new and exciting (or old, dull but functional) products?!

The still make the 'Club' brushes.
All the basic brushes still do the job well. My kit contains
Dandy Brush
Body Brush
Metal, Plastic and Rubber Curry Comb
Hoof Pick
Water Brush
Face cloths in different colours for face and butt
A couple of towels
A Wide tine hairbrush for mane and tail
A linen tea towel for that final polish
Extras like scissors, horse razors and a flea comb (brilliant for pulling manes)
I also have a plastic curry comb that has a hose attachment which I find great for washing the horse.

I've tried some of the modern brushes and always end up back with the originals.

Northern Hare

Visit site
Hi I have just been treated to a new grooming kit as a Christmas present to replace my 15+ year brushes.

I did some research online and opted for a Hy Shine Pro grooming kit in blue/Orange so quite bright! They are all "soft grip" brushes so are very easy and comfortable to grip.

My new 9 piece kit includes: long bristle dandy, short bristle dandy, regular body brush, goat hair body brush, mane comb, hoof pick, mane/tail brush, small face brush and hoof brush. All items were bought individually online and I think came to around £35.

I am thrilled to bits with them and can't believe how much more effective they are compared to my old worn out set, so it was a great Christmas present - and my horse is really enjoying getting far more thorough grooming!