Grotto Stables!!!!

_OC_

Visit site
Now have you been on yards where owners feel this compulsion to attach bits of tinsel to the outside of their box's and various Christmas decorations.....one at the moment has advent calander at the mo.....well out of the way of her equines mouth........if my cob had anything outside his box it would soon disappear into back of box and beyond(most likely with a vet visit for colic as the follow up), a few years ago when I had my mare we did the box's up ........with care and looked like a bl*#dy Grotto...YO loved it!!!? I thought it naff does anyone else love doing this(taking care it does not freak or get eaten!).....or am I BAH HUM BUG!!!!
wink.gif

Murphs_Mum

Visit site
We used to always put tinsel on the martingales as kids but think Murph would be a bit insulted if I made him all sparkly! I do confess however I did buy the yard cat an advent calendar!!!!! He is lovely and only has half a tail but I'm sure everyone thinks I mad!!!

Bri

Visit site
I fully intend to put tinsel up outside my stable
grin.gif

Although only to irritate my YO!! It drives him mad that I'm so 'pink' and girly and it's like a running joke now that I go out of my way to be as girly as possible!

Kelly1982

Visit site
I used to as a kid but i cant be ar*ed now i am older (i know what a scrouge) BUT i did tinsel up my horses tack last Christmas for a show (which actually stayed on for about 3 weeks LOL) so thats gotta count.

S_N

Visit site
LMAO! Yes I did last year - just to make other liveries groan
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Then ended up SO ill with D&V over xmas, that I didn't even see my neddies on xmas day or for 3 days afterwards!!!

Used to decorate my old cob at xmas time too!

SSM

Visit site
Won't do the tinsel thing until Christmas day when I will ride Donkey out decked head to toe in the stuff - just to humilate her and maybe get some energy out of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki1986

Visit site
im not very full of christmas cheer and never really am, so i might put a bit of tinsel up here and there to try and cheer myself up. i dont 'do' advent calendars for myself and never really have, but i have got a codlivine one for my ned which i keep safely out of harms way i nthe feed room!

Horseymum

Visit site
My mare has a Codlivine Advent Calendar which she shares with her neighbour as there are two "sweeties" in each window - I know we are cheapskates! We then usually have some tinsel on the top doors but out of reach of neddies and decorate our bit of the tack room. We are the only people who make any effort at all, the rest of them don't even wish you a Merry Christmas on Christmas morning unless you force them into it!

annaellie

Visit site
No I do not myself my horses are always to scatty to. But we had 2 kids on a yd I worked at and there ponies had all sorts of decs outside and inside the stables they even got the horses hats and red rugs and tinsled them and rode the ponys every day like it for 4 weeks bless there ponies they were as good as gold even wen wind was blowing and tinsel blowing round there faces.
laugh.gif