Ground at Solihull...

mrussell

Visit site
anyone live near to Solihull ? We are running in the 100 this weekend but have a horse who doesnt like hard ground. The event has posted no information about course preparation.

Does anyone know what the local weather has been doing and what is forecast ? We live 3 hours away and dont want to travel up if we then have to w/draw. :/

* TEAM SAM *

Visit site
Hi I am doing the ode this weekend and I schooled there last Thursday night it was very sunbaked I decided to used small sharp studs as my horse not best on hard groud it jumped loads better than I thought and I bet the going will be nice as we had some rain yesterday and not so much sun this weekend im walking thw course Friday evening if you want to know anything give me a shout x

Bills

Visit site
SJ will be on a surface, we have had a fair bit of rain but I would expect the ground to still be pretty hard TBH.

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
I was there yesterday just using the members field. The ground wasn't exactly soft, but we did have a lot of rain yesterday which did help. I am also walking the course on Friday as doing the 80cm so will see how it looks, but will probably just take it very steady. SJ will be on a surface.

mrussell

Visit site
Have just spoken to the office who say they have sanded the landings but other than that, nothing has been done to the course since it was aggrivated in June. Really dont know what to do so anyone who walks it tonight, would be really glad to hear from you... !!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Have just spoken to the office who say they have sanded the landings but other than that, nothing has been done to the course since it was aggrivated in June. Really dont know what to do so anyone who walks it tonight, would be really glad to hear from you... !!

I'm just about to leave to walk it now. Will post an update at around 5ish.

ElleJS

Visit site
I live near. You wouldn't even hack your horses on the ground. Doubt Solihull is any better its never great anyway!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
Just got back. It's hard. They've put sand on landing of most jumps but in between is hard. I will still be running as will be trotting between jumps anyway and she has legs like tree trunks! But I wouldn't take my other horse, and I wouldn't take a horse who hates hard ground! Don't think they had the rain I did a few days ago. Sj is on a surface and is lovely.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I have pics of the 80 course if anyone's interested.

mrussell

Visit site
Thankyou SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much !!!! I really appreciate it. Thats saved me a lot of heartache as Chester has flat feet and TB legs. He needs to be whooshed up to go XC and the thought of hurting him is unbearable. :/

I think we will go jumping on a surface this weekend instead.

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
1 agree the ground there gets very hard poor pops had 6 weeks off after bruising her feet in the dressage warm up at Solihull, 2 years ago I refused to run X-c wished I hadn't turned up to do the dressage either.