Ground hay nets

Chianti

Visit site
Pony has to go back on his diet as he's started to put on weight. I'd like to make his hay ration last as long as possible so am thinking about ground hay nets. He's out with another pony and both are unshod. Can anyone recommend a brand they've used?

planete

Visit site
I tie small hole hay nets at both ends inside a hay box which is moved every day. Absolutely no waste and no risk of any being trampled or peed on.

meleeka

Visit site
I use small holed nets and tie the string like a daisy chain and then tuck in. I have Marsnets nets (not the teeny holes, the next ones up 35mm?). I put them in hay crates in the winter or they just end up a muddy mess.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Pony has to go back on his diet as he's started to put on weight. I'd like to make his hay ration last as long as possible so am thinking about ground hay nets. He's out with another pony and both are unshod. Can anyone recommend a brand they've used?
my livery bought one for her 12.1hh she got the pillow one, drivers the pony mad but hay last longer

benz

Visit site
I use nibbleze and pony will choose to eat from it rather than loose hay or a normal haynet, weirdo! They not cheap but very hard wearing had mine a year and look new apart from rope fraying at end.

Follysmum

Visit site
I use trickle nets and have found them really good. Had them about 4yrs and they have had some abuse and still look like new

kidsandponies

Visit site
I’ve just dug out my old Trickle nets (I must have bought them 10+ years ago or so). They are getting some serious abuse from the ponies who are picking them up and throwing them about like it’s some sort of game and they are still going strong. I tie the tops up like a shoelace and just chuck in the field (all unshod). Am now saving up to try and buy a couple more!
The ponies did need a bit of encouragement to use them to start with and I introduced alongside their normal ration but now they have got the hang of it they are a godsend, I can ration hay but still know they have something to pick at.

Fransurrey

Visit site
I bought the largest Harry's Horse (sold by Horze) slow feeder net and sewed a zip onto it, to turn it into a versatile feeder. I either hang it via trigger clips or chuck it on the ground.