Groundwork resources

Hels_Bells

Visit site
I'm wanting to start some basic groundwork with my horse and just wondered if anyone could recommend any good books, websites, DVDs or YouTube channels etc that might be a good starting point?

Hels_Bells

Visit site
Cluelessblonde - I have since found straightness training by Marijke de Jong which is pretty comprehensive.

But still keen for any tried and tested recommendations! 😀

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Anything by Richard Maxwell. He's a clever, proper horseman who is always adapting. Following his methods has given me beautifully behaved, calm and happy horses.

elliefiz

Visit site
Warwick schiller. US$25 a month gives you access to hundreds of his videos, its such good value. Plus he is very involved so answers questions himself on his facebook groups, he hasnt "franchised" out like lots of other trainers, he does it all himself. Definitely the go- to guy for getting groundwork established from the very beginning.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
definitely the straightness training, if you can get yourself to any clinics they are really useful even just to watch too. (there is a straightness training events fb page which has them all).

Essentially classical inhand work in an easy to understand manner and making sure the basics are right.