Growing hair back on scars, is it possible??

miamibear

Visit site
Red has some old scars on his legs, hair is off but no lumps etc, seems a shame because his legs are bumpless but the hair is missing.

Is there any way of growing the hair back or is he like this for life now?

Thanks

Mel x

vicster

Visit site
I used to have a mare that i got from the RSPCA and had been really badly neglected and she had eaten ragwart and her hair fell out no matter what i tried it the hair never came back, maybe you could ring your vet and see whether they have something that might work GOOD LUCK
smile.gif

gemz666

s19.photobucket.com
my horse has a scare on his back leg from when barbed wire cut into his leg as a two year old the hair hasnt grown back im affraid but hair has grown over it abit so its not so notice able

Theresa_F

Visit site
You could try some megatek rebuilder - if it does not work, it also makes a fantastic mane and tail conditioner and improver so it won't be wasted. It has produced a 3" high and really thick spike of mane on Cairo who has had nothing more than a few thin wisps and mainly bald since having chemo years ago on the bottom half of his neck so it may work.

Sags_Deer

Somewhere in the hills in the sunny south
Visit site
try dermagel its very good, my boy had fallen on the road when i got him had two marks on knees, cant see it any more. for a tenner its worth a go with a tube. you can get it in most tack shops, tall tube pump and red. go easy a little goes a long way. pm me if it works.

icestationzebra

Visit site
My mare has scar on her near hind - as result of wire I think, but before I had her. Had my vet check it out at the vetting and he said it was just superficial and a small amount of proud flesh. He recommended massaging the scar every day with goose fat to work away the calloused skin. I have reduced the size of the scar by approx 50% and there is now hair starting to come through. I am really pleased especially as the goose fat cost me £6! (Just to add: would not recommend it on pink skin in the hot weather for obvious reasons.....)

Stasha22

Visit site
Camrosa worked really well on various scars on my horse. It is a bit expensive but definately worth a go.

I know other people who have also had success using it on scars etc.

bizzygirl101

New User
Visit site
Oh cornucrecent (sorry without the tub to hand I have no idea how to spell it) I have used this only on recent scars but it has worked, seeing as hooves are made up of similar structures as hair it does work, well worth a go as it is also cheap and easy to come by! Good luck