Growing

Detoxlover

New User
Visit site
Hello I have a warmblood that just turned one a week ago and he stands at 13hh and since we had him for about 2 weeks now he had 1 growth spurt I’m worried he won’t be big enouth for me as I am very tall etc dose any one know how big he might be?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
What height was his sire and his dam? Is he pure bred?
What did his breeder think about finished height for him? And what height were you looking to have as an adult?

If you say he has grown a bit in 2 weeks, how small was he then?

To be honest, I'm rather baffled that you purchased something that was very much on the small side, if you are tall.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
How big did the person you bought him from say he could be expected to grow to? How much did you expect him to grow in 2 weeks?

It sounds as if you are having 2nd thoughts about your purchase, perhaps the breeder would buy him back from you.

Goldenstar

Visit site
no nobody knows how big he will be the size parents is the best indicator .
A first foal from a mare is sometimes small than expected .

cornbrodolly

Visit site
Our yearling is 14 3, we expect her to make 16hh [ we have full sibling and she was around this height at a year old]
Take a string from the point of her elbow, run it down the leg to her fetlock joint. Mark that length, keep other end on the elbow then turn string 180 degrees to upright , that gives an approximate measure of adult height at the wither. With a yearling it is fairly accurate.

Detoxlover

New User
Visit site
What height was his sire and his dam? Is he pure bred?
What did his breeder think about finished height for him? And what height were you looking to have as an adult?

If you say he has grown a bit in 2 weeks, how small was he then?

To be honest, I'm rather baffled that you purchased something that was very much on the small side, if you are tall.
I don’t know how my his mum and dad is as he came with just his sister and brother and his sister is 14,3 and she 2 years old and another who it 7 And 15,3 and even if he dosnt make the size I want I would neaver sell him I only had him for 2 weeks but he so good for a baby

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I don’t know how my his mum and dad is as he came with just his sister and brother and his sister is 14,3 and she 2 years old and another who it 7 And 15,3 and even if he dosnt make the size I want I would neaver sell him I only had him for 2 weeks but he so good for a baby
Are the siblings full brother and sister? Perhaps you can track back through his passport and search for other progeny from his breeding lines to see what they made in height?
As he is only a yearling, it ought to be pretty easy to contact his breeders, at least the one who registered him as a warmblood on his passport.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i bought a trakehner cross and she was 13.3 age 14 months. her mum was 15.1 and dad was 16h and she was a first foal and ended up exactly 16 hands when she was 6... my last horse was a warmblood cross, dad was warmblood 16hands and mum was a whp 14.2, she was a first foal and grew to 15.2 and her fullbrother who was the second foal only made 15 hands, so its not an exact science...how big do you need him to be?

exracehorse

Visit site
My warmblood’s mum is 15.2. Dad Sempers Spirit is 16.1. He’s huge. I’m 5.8 in photo. He had growth spurt age 5.