Grr! Insurance again! Sorry guys but need some more advice...

Ginn

Visit site
Ok, just to completely confuse me when I thought I had everything sorted I have realsied that infact its not!

10 days ago I got a letter from AmTrustEquine to renew my policy. Now it would appear that AmTrust are infact the old underwriters of Equestrian Direct and since they basically presented me with a renewal of my old policy and imrpoved on a few things (£1200 for diagnostic investigations whereas it was only £1000 for example), and they offered a 10% loyality discount which considerably reduced the premiums. Now I (foolishly) assumed this was the renewal of my ED policy.

However, this morning I get another insurance renewal from ED which is essentially identical cover to what I had last year and if anything my premium has increased by a couple of quid!!!

So, not disregarding petpla and nfu as they seem to offer very similar policies at similar prices what do I do.

AmTrust were the old ED underwriters so presumably they're offering as good a service as ED but then having read posts on here with insurers weaseling their way out of paying up I am completely confuzzled!
confused.gif

Bri

Visit site
Hun I am the last person who can give you any advice on insurance!!

But if I was you I'd cancel any policies you've got already and go with PetPlan and NFU. I certainly will be when this nightmare with Sid is over!

Ginn

Visit site
Have phoned both ED and AmTrust - each is quoting for a policy with them and not the other, hence throwing me!