Grr - lousy morning

hairycob

Visit site
Got up early this morning - weather forecast said early fog will lift & it will be dry & mostly sunny & warm. So put washing on line instead of tumble dryer.
Got to yard for 7:30. Got neds out of field to get ready for show - started tipping it down. Moved neds to under shelter to keep them dry (& had no waterproofs for humans!). Loaded ok, stopped off at house to pick up turn out rugs etc to keep dry at show.
Drove 20 miles to show - another absolute downpour on the way - loads of water on the road so was going 25mph on the dual carraige way, even then could feel drag from some of the puddles. Got to show & it was cancelled.
Back home & everything put away for 11:30. So 4 hours out of my weekend for nothing - and my washing is dripping wet. Mind you it's sunny now so will probably hack out this afternoon

spike123

Visit site
oh dear sorry you have had such a bad day.Mine hasn't been much fun either as I am sore and achy from a long and very fast ride yesterday and have a raging hangover and what makes it worse is I have to go to work in just over an hours time.I hope your afternoon is much better for you and you have a lovely ride to make up for it.

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
I can equal that.

We were driving up north for our last BE of the season up at Burgie. Had a 7 hour journey ahead of us, been packing stuff for the last couple of days, stabling orgainsed ages ago, etc, etc. Had got friends in to look after other animals at home, taken days off work...really looking forward to our long weekend.

Set off 6 am yesterday on a glorious morning. 7 miles from home we heard a great crack fom the back of the lorry. Stop to investigate and find a bar on the ramp had sheered and we would no be able to take ramp down and then get it back up again. Rats! So, about turn, head for home and spend the entire morning phoning people to cancel everything, withdrawing, etc. Lorry now at garage and awaiting verdict on that one.

Worst thing was, we were going to be staying with my mum and she'd been baking and cooking for days in preparation. She was so upset we weren't coming!!! (so were we, we had no food in the house!).

But at least the horses were fine (and delighted to be back in their field munching!).