Grrr...fuming! Vets!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Vet came out on Friday to see big pony because he went lame in front during the week. I couldn't be there as couldn't get out of some customer meetings but YO dealt with it for me. Vet told YO it was just a bruise but did we realise he was a bit off behind and he would like to come back to x-ray hocks. Thinks it may be arthritic changes starting and pony will probably need injecting etc...

This was all told to YO on Friday morning with a "ask if she's insured" being the final thing the vet said. YO gave him my number and asked him to call me and tell me, the person who pays the bills, everything. It is now 6pm on Monday evening and said vet still has not called, despite me calling him and leaving voicemail messages (two, not exactly harrassing him).

Vet told YO on Fri he would probably need to come back this week yet he hasn't called to tell me any of this. I told YO to tell him that I would need to speak to him first and then my insurance company before going any further.

I can only assume that the vet practise are so busy they don't need my business, in which case I will take it elsewhere....
smirk.gif
I hadn't used this practise until I moved back in to this area last year, having used a different practise when living here when I was younger. It was easier to use them as they are YO's vet so she arranges all of the appts if I can't get there, holds the horse and so on.

Can I just call up my old practise and tell them horse was seen by X last week who wanted to investigate further but I want to get Y (usual vet) out to do it instead? And will I need permission from insurance company to switch vets? I know I needed their permission a few years ago to get a second opinion...

Sorry, rant over now. I know vets are busy people but it's been two full working days now and not even had an acknowledgement of my call...
mad.gif

D

Donkeymad

Sorry, but vets do have other clients and emergency calls, and may simply not have been able to call you yet. Mine has called me as late as 8pm before. Give them time.
mad.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, but vets do have other clients and emergency calls, and may simply not have been able to call you yet. Mine has called me as late as 8pm before. Give them time.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What she said........

Goodness me, people irrate......
crazy.gif

It's not an emergency - so what's the problem?

Dottie

Visit site
He is probably really busy. My vet usually does all his phone calls at the end of the day- 7-8pm at night!

dsophiea

Visit site
but its been the weekend, i wouldn't expect a vet to ring over the weekend unless it was an emergency?
confused.gif

Nailed

Visit site
Wish people wouldnt Moan about vets and farriers at the drop of a hat.. You really are not the only client.. And sorry, bit a bit of lameness compares to life threatening and fatal emergencies is bugger all..

Stop moaning and wait. If your not will to wait, 'call you old vet' why did you change? if you willing to call them out so easily...

Stop moaning. Other people have more important issue the vet needs to attend to.. TRUST ME!

Lou x

PS.. arnt I restrained latley? i think its the drugs.. or the sleeping tablets..

Aru

Visit site
Its spring time so the vet is bound to be very busy your case doesnt sound urgent so its not going to be top priority.

As for two working days...it was the weekend im afraid most vets will only deal with the emergencys over the weekend.

They will get back to you eventually they have your number and you called give them time this is a hectic time of year...

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Nailed m'duck, are you feeling alright?
grin.gif

CC - it's not been two working days m'duck, it was the weekend
smile.gif
. My vet is splendiferously wonderful, but if it's not life threatening then things will be done as and when
cool.gif
, and that includes call-backs, etc.

stranger1612

Visit site
Maybe he's on holiday, had a busy day or quite likely still working at 6 pm. I would imagine however that, given the title and tone of your opening post, he is summoning up the mental energy to face talking to yet another irrational client.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
If you think it is bad that your vet hasn't rung you, wait until you ring on a Satirday morning about a mare, who was seen earlier in the week, who appears to be dying on her feet, to be told that he can't come out as he has his small animal surgery. I got another vet, eventually rather quickly followed by the knacker woman
frown.gif

A good vet, but a one man band, which leaves you stuffed in an emergency.
mad.gif

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Ignore me, I was just letting off steam! Which I believe I am allowed to do...unless they've changed the Ts & Cs of the forum?!
wink.gif

And for the record, I have never ever ranted on here about my vet OR my farrier before. My farrier is absolutely fantastic and have never had trouble with vets before this one either. So it isn't "at the drop of a hat".

I did say I know vets are busy people and I do appreciate that - which is why I had a little rant on here and not at the vet himself. Just leave me to have a bit of a rant
tongue.gif

Sorry to hear about your mare YG
frown.gif

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Count yourself lucky - after one of mine had colic surgery, I phoned for some advice, and had to wait three, yes three, weeks for a reply.
S
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?? Eek. I take back everything I said now !