GRRR *Rant*

Deefa

Visit site
GRRR, so mad today!

Went riding today as *finally* fog has lifted enough, but wore reflective gear anyways (always do!)
Me and a friend came and rode one of my boys and were having a great hack, when out of nowwhere a woman came running across the green on a fork in the road and starting shouting 'You should keep those f***ing horses in a field, They shouldn't be on the F***ing road you idoits!'

Both of us were a little shocked as she had come out of nowhere and we were just walking nicely - not even spooking or being silly, in single file!

I am ashamed of myself know, and know i shouldn't off
blush.gif
but i did shout some naughty words back as i was so mad at her for doing it
She then ran back across the green got in her car and screeched off.
Ruined the hack completely and just a little cross as it was totally uncalled for!

RachelB

Visit site
Do you think she was like that because of the poor visibility, or just because of the usual argument of 'horses don't have road tax' (give me a break!)??
Poor you!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Some people are like that though, I chanced it this morning, made the decision that I could see a few fields ahead, I would take Oshk for a long one, but once I had set off the fog came in so quickly I decided to go back across country, so went through our fields and had a jump- but later on today exercised with bek quite quickly and we got some gestures then- horses need to go out though...

Jemayni

Visit site
Maybe shed had a bad experience with horses in the past and was just sensitive about it! and I wouldn't worry, you are not the only one guilty of saying naughty words to other road users whilst hacking!

Happytohack

Visit site
Obviously, she has not entered into the Christmas spirit of goodwill to all men (+women and horses)!!!
There really are some very strange people about - why is it that horse riders seems to get all this abuse - do joggers or cyclists have people popping up out of nowhere thinking they have the God given right to be rude????????
mad.gif

Best one I ever came across was a walker on a bridlepath who strode up to me and demanded that I get off my horse immediately, as it was against the law to ride on a bridlepath - it was only legal to lead the horse by the bridle on foot!!!! I nearly PMSL and almost fell off. I can still remember his face as I rode off laughing!!!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
PMSL - Now that's one I've never heard before!!!!!

To OP don't worry, I would have given a few choice words in return too. My friend once had someone drive up behind a horse she was leading quietly down the road beeping his horn, just to shout abuse, and scream at her that horses should be kept on bridleways and not on the road (fine if there had been any in that area!!!). Little man/woman symdrone me thinks.

I also once had a some stupid woman drive into myself, two other riders and six horses (we worked for the hunt, and where riding and leading on exercise). All the horses where under contol and as far over as we could get (even when she hit the three ridden horses we maintained control). Her excuse was she couldn't see us, and horses shouldn't be on the road anyway??! - well you wouldn't see us if you weren't looking where you are going!!!! (six horses, & three rider in Hi Viz). Thankfully all the horses and riders where fine, although a bit bruised.

Pidge

Visit site
don't blame you at all! There are some idiots around who think horses shouldn't be on the roads, tough! We had a little old granny shout abuse at us once to the effect we should not be on the roads, however it should really have applied to her as she could hardly see over the steering wheel
tongue.gif