Grrr, sellers! Mini rant

Matafleur

Visit site
Not really CR but as this is the only place I come even to lurk...

As I am on maternity leave and have a lot of spare time on my hands and my event horse is out on loan I thought I would look for a little project to keep me from going insane - I could just go back to work early but this seemed a little drastic ;)

I know that I am going to find it fairly difficult to find what I am looking for for what I'm prepared to spend so I've not been too fussy about where the horse is based - but I would like to see decent pics and preferably a video before I go to see something 4 hours away! Is this really so difficult? I'm not talking a Ridley Scott style production, just a short vid showing basic paces and a photo showing conformation clearly and maybe also a head-shot (I like pretty ponies!).

The market is supposed to be dead and I am a pretty no hassle buyer but in the case of both horses I have inquired about the above seems impossible to obtain.

A bit of a pointless post really but I am bored and frustrated (see above re too much time... :D )

Samuelissimo

Visit site
I am completely with you on this, OP.
I am the most non-techie person you could find, but when I decided to sell a young eventer my daughter couldn't get on with, I posted video of dressage, s-j and a good section of an x-c run. Also had some good photos. I sold him in 3 days. It was super-easy to link the videos to the advert - most sites will help you if you are even more hopeless than me!
In this market, you think more sellers would do this - instead of complaining about how there are no buyers. This would eliminate the dreaded "time wasters" because they could see the horses movement, and would motivate buyers, I am sure.
It is so worth the effort and makes your horse and your advert stand out. Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

poorchickens

Visit site
Totally agree. I'm looking at horses in the price bracket above the one I've just sold, who incidentally I did make a video of, and hardly any have videos. Some don't even have decent photos. And when sellers bother to reply to my requests, it's usually with a 'no video, sorry.' Grr.

*trots off to drive another 3 hours to see a horse*

Capriole

Visit site
*trots off to drive another 3 hours to see a horse*

I dont even bother wasting my time if I cant get some decent pics and preferably a video, wouldnt be trotting off on a 3 hr journey not having a bit of a clue what I was going to find when I got there :D.

Matafleur

Visit site
I don't even mind if there isn't a video or many pictures in the original advert - I'm happy to ask for what I want to see (which isn't even that much!). I've asked one seller on several occasions over the space of ten days for more pics etc and each time they have promised to send them through but haven't!

I've pretty much given up on that one now even though I thought it had looked promising initially.

If anyone knows of a potential competition pony type (native x tb or similar) between 14 & 14.2 and 4-6 yrs old please let me know. Preferably backed and hacked and quiet to handle, good to do. Small budget but I have found a couple that I thought would be suitable if I could only get some decent photos/footage of them! :)

Ilovefoals

Visit site
I know of a perfect one but way up in Scotland unfortunately so probably too far. PM me if you want me to give you the sellers details though. She has plenty of vids and pics :)

frazzled

Visit site
I wish sellers would answer their phones or reply to messages. I have rung about three horses and not one person has answered or returned my call. It is driving me mad. Fantasy horse shopping is much more fun than the reality.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
We had what i think was a fairly decent budget yet some i rung about still couldn't (or wouldn't ;)) get me video. I went to see one a couple of hours away without as we were seeing others that way anyway. Big mistake. It was the one i let slip with vid and would never again. Lets just say it was a really well written ad and the pics were took well!
When i was selling i gave people access to my Youtube a/c so they could see everything on the horse i was selling. I appreciate not everyone will do that but it takes 10 mins just to take a short vid showing paces - and most have the facility on their mobile, even if the quality isn't great!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
How brave are you? Loads of nice 4yo connies on Done Deal if you are happy to buy unseen!!

Mince Pie

Visit site
If anyone knows of a potential competition pony type (native x tb or similar) between 14 & 14.2 and 4-6 yrs old please let me know. Preferably backed and hacked and quiet to handle, good to do. Small budget but I have found a couple that I thought would be suitable if I could only get some decent photos/footage of them! :)
I know of one but it's 8 and probably over your budget. Seller quite happy to video though!

Matafleur

Visit site
How brave are you? Loads of nice 4yo connies on Done Deal if you are happy to buy unseen!!

I'm brave enough if they're cheap enough! :D Hopefully seeing something on Monday but will have a look at Done Deal, it's an Irish site isn't it?

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Hornby

Visit site
How about videos that show endless trot circles, cut out the canter transitions, show the horse in slow motion - no judge has slow motion eyes! All for horses working at elementary and above...how they compete ele without doing any of the movements I don't know....:(. :eek:

viewfromahill

Visit site
I have one 14hh think will def make shp/sj really scopey and neat loose jumping, but 7 and only just been sat on - not his fault - but nice stamp happy to send photo/vid and £875 ono