grrr

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
a girl on my yard told me to tie up my horse closer to the fence near the field to brush her off as there was not much room on the yard as lots of horses needed for rides and lessons etc. This is normally fine and no problems with tieing her there. Off I go to fetch my groomin kit after bringing her in. Only to find when I get back her rearing and jumping, ears flat back and whinnying at me frantically and giving snorts (like danger). Took me a second to realise some idiot (same girl) left the electric fence on and the poor girl was stuck there with it repeatedly getting her. I went mental. It should always be turned off during the day, I always make sure it is - I was working this morning so didn't get a chance, but hoped other people would have sense. It took me three hours to calm my girl down. she's getting over it now, after lots of kisses and cuddles.

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I told the girl - and she was like - oh well she'll get over it, I don't really care if my horse gets it.
frown.gif
frown.gif

siennamum

Visit site
christ I would simply go beserk! Don't suppose there's much you can do after the event but i can understand why you are so angry.

sharni

Visit site
you must tell the Yard owner, this is terrible. the girl need repremanding or chucking off the yard. I'd go bl**dy beserk if i was you until this girl is properly sorry.

Gomer

Visit site
well that girl does not seem to have a lot of empathy - the only reason why big strong horses don't go through what is in effect a tiny piece of string is that they are very sensitive to electricity and find it unpleasant ... !

at least your horse did not seem to associate the upset with you.

i don't understand some people, had it been me who forgot to switch the fence off i would certainly have been very very sorry and apologized lots

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Yeh I was worried my girl had associated it with me. I've been doing lots of ground work with her recently and am worried now its all gone wrong. she seems fine now, but wouldn't let anyone touch her for a while.
frown.gif
I mentioned it to yard owner and she was angry. she said that it should have been turned off and that she had asked them to do it, especially as there was not much room on the yard. This girl is a nuisance and just seemed to think it was funny.
frown.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
shocked.gif
Can't you nail horseshoes to girls feet (or stand in puddle if nailing on shoes is going too far) whilst she is tied to the electric fence to see how she likes it.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hope you gee is O.K. now.