Grrrr - WEG streaming

Vix1978

Visit site
Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems watching the video stream on-line from WEG? The sound keeps on doing and then when I try and reboot, it tells me there is not enough bandwidth (??)
mad.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Yes, after my post yesterday I got it working ok, this morning it even had sound! But I've been to watch a bit of Eurosport on a friend's tv and when I got back it says 'not enough bandwidth'. Too many people watching, I imagine! I initially thought it was my end, my brother playing one of his internet games, but it must be their end, a bit of a bottleneck.

SJFAN

Visit site
I've had 2 short breaks with the lack of bandwidth problem today (I'm the sole user of this connection). Here is the reply I had from the WEG office when I reported yesterday's problem of video freezing after a few seconds though sound ok):
we are sorry about the problem you have with watching the streaming
video of the WEG2006. We are aware of this problem and try to find a
solution. But at the moment we cannot estimate when or if we can provide
a solution for everyone. Because there are a lot of people who watch and
want to watch the streaming video there could be bottle necks from time
to time. In addition to this we do not have an influence on the internet
as a whole.

Kind regards
Mark Dauven

NB: On Sunday the Opening Ceremony was fine though the sound only came on at 2.38 and both were ok during the relatively short time I watched late Monday afternoon.

SJFAN

Visit site
Yes, go to the website www.aachen2006.de. On the right hand side of the screen you will see the phrase Streaming Video. Click on that and you should get a Quicktime player which will play live action of the event. You probably need to have Broadband but I'm not enough of an IT expert to be sure about that!

Lobelia_Overhill

www.mymiscellanyhome.net
[ QUOTE ]
what is weg streaming and how do you use it? Does it allow you to watch it over the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

World Equestrian Games, streaming is a type of video that you watch via the internet if you have the right software (in this case Quick Time)