Guardian face mask for headshaking

TallSue

Visit site
First post for me, have been lurking for a long time but your assistance would now be really helpful.

Has anyone had any success with the guardian face mask for a headshaker. I have tried lots of other things - tack check, herbal supplements, nose nets, magnesium etc but to no avail. My poor boy is particularly bad this year so am considering trying the guardian mask but they are expensive. Has anyone had any good results using one?

All comments, good and bad, welcome. Thank you.

Angelbones

Visit site
Ours wasn't a guardian face mask but we used one that looked like a normal fly mask with ears which was very fine mesh and made for riding in, by Cashel perhaps?. It did work from the point of view that if flies were a cause it kept them off, and for our pony light was a big trigger so it dulled that for him and he was relatively fine although his problems were deeper than just that. In the end he was treated with acupuncture and that sorted him for as long as he was regularly treated. Perhaps try one of the cheaper ones made for riding before spending that sort of money? It's a miserable syndrome with many many caused, hope you find an answer.

Caol Ila

Visit site
I saw the title of this thread and envisioned a horse with the Guardian wrapped around its head. Keeps the flies off and improves your horse's knowledge of what's happening in the world. Or if you prefer your horse looking at lots of pictures of half naked women, I am sure there must be a Daily Mail fly mask.

Oh, well, carry on.......

cronkmooar

Visit site
First post for me, have been lurking for a long time but your assistance would now be really helpful.

Has anyone had any success with the guardian face mask for a headshaker. I have tried lots of other things - tack check, herbal supplements, nose nets, magnesium etc but to no avail. My poor boy is particularly bad this year so am considering trying the guardian mask but they are expensive. Has anyone had any good results using one?

All comments, good and bad, welcome. Thank you.

Not a clue for headshaking but it has been worth the money for uveitis.

I need some new eye filters so I was on their site the other day and did notice that they are now doing a nose veil

Before I got mine I did speak to the guy in the states and he was very helpful - my horse was in the made to measure size, but he got me to do a few more measurements and he worked out the largest size would do the job - which it has done wonderfully.

So I would certainly recommend speaking to him - I don't think he is the type to lead you up the garden path

Finally, mine is now going into its fourth year and looks as good as new, has never came off, never rubbed - certainly has been worth the money