Guide Price - Advice?

bandit

Visit site
sorry - another questions folks...

So - selling my hunter and not sure what I should ask for him...

He's got 2 seasons with Surrey Union - impecable manners - jumps anything out, good at front or back of pack - is 16-2 ID x (breeding unknown) and 12 years old. Bay. Total softie to have around - will stand on a lorry all day and not be fussed - lives in / out and no vices.

here are some pics of him and if you can help me pitch him at the right price, i'd appreciate it - at the moment he's on his summer hols so not fit and ready yet but could be within 4-6 weeks for easy cubbing...

At the Opening Meet - big hedges!!
ludo-opening-meet.jpg

At closing meet - smaller fence!!
ludo-last-meet.jpg

Cheers folks.

Bx

Kelly1982

Visit site
I would prbably say around the £3,000 mark but i have NO IDEA how much hunters usually sell for.

Just wanted to say though great pics, now you can do them there is not stopping you
tongue.gif

BuckingHorse

Visit site
yes, agree with Kelly at £3-£4k mark.
6 weeks should be ok for getting fit for cubbing, would start off with 2 weeks walking/roadwork then build up to trotting and introduce cantering in week 5. The important (and boring) bit is the steady work!

bandit

Visit site
hello You!!

I'll drag him back to work this w/end - I actually like all the boring road work - but here again i'm odd - and you don't have to agree!!!!

Where should I advertise him though? In shops or on line? would rather he stayed local if that isn't totally unrealistic!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
You could try telling your Hunt Secretary or Hunt Supporters sec', also if you know them, the hunt staff; it's amazing who they know! Also cards in your vet's, feedstore and give your blacksmith some cards too especially if he does some more hunters. It's usually word of mouth that gets these things going. Good luck!

Tempi

Visit site
i think hes great - try selling to hunt staff/whippers in, they will pay quite a bit for a good hunter, and he sounds fab to me, and say no lower than £6k if you sell to the right market (ie hunting people!!)

Tia

Visit site
He sounds lovely. Proven hunters are in great demand and are generally priced higher than your average horse. If he was mine, I wouldn't consider advertising him for less than £5,000.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Not sure how much he is worth but if I swapped him with the bay below do you think you would notice, he, he?

I’m sure he will be snapped up really quickly!
JoElla

harvgj19

Visit site
Oooh. Shame you aren't in Devon, as I know someone who'd most likely pay silly money for him! I would think you would easily get 5k for him.

He's very lovely! Good luck with selling him!