Guilt and a matchy matchy

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Hey guys, just a little question, do you feel guilty when you don't ride often enough? Currently I'm working two jobs, which leaves me little time to see my horse... This week's been pretty bad, we had a xc clinic and a hack this week, so only 2 days of riding - with no time to ride this weekend. We have BE next weekend, albeit only an 80 and I know she's fit enough and one week wont be the end of the world, but I just feel bad. We usually aim for 5-6 sessions a week, mostly flatwork and hacking.

How do you guys cope juggling life and horses?

And a matchy matchy... Well now its spring, mostly, I've seen some tendon and fetlock boots which look really nice and summery. I'm hoping to swap my current hacking and flatwork boots (inspiringly black) for something more fun. Plus all this work and guilt = deserve a treat. Question is which colour?

These are the boots:

http://www.onlineforequine.co.uk/ho...-open-fronted-tendon-boots-5025623632075.html

I like the orange and blue, but what do you guys think? Its for a bay mare :)

Would love to know your opinions, squash and galaxy chocolate for all... Night shift = mucho chocolate time! :)

WildRider

Visit site
I do feel guilty (especially as Rocky then gets grumpy after 2+ days of no riding, but I also get withdrawal syptoms and my muscles start to ache!

Regarding matchy matchy, personally I'm not a fan of coloured tendon boots (sport boots and bandages oh my yes, just not tendon boots - weird I know haha) but the blue and orange would most definitely suit a bay.

Boysy

Visit site
*wails* why don't they do cob size!!!!!! And i think the grey/lime green.

Yes i feel guilty as mine need to lose weight desperately but this week although dry has been godamnawful with the wind, i did 4 days in a row freezing my earlobes off and just couldn't face the last two days as the wind went up another notch!

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
Thanks guys, I'm lucky that my mare is on part livery so that she's seen to if I can't get to the yard - my working hours fluctuate so much sometimes I can get home by 5 other times its by 8... and then I have paperwork to complete. I love my job, but I feel so guilty when my mare has more than two days off a week.

I like the grey and yellow Boysy, thats the other colour I like :)

Thanks again guys :)