Guinea pig limping?

JustKickOn

Visit site
One of my piggies is limping. Its only minor and not too much of a problem to her but it is obvious that she's limping.

Its on her back right leg. Her claws arn't too long and theres no obvious cuts or bruising on it and she isn't reacting that much when I touch it. Not thinking its probably higher up in the leg??

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

Lizzie x

Edited because of spelling

GinaB

Visit site
Has she had a fall? Does it feel swollen at all? Anything caught under her toes? Have you tried moving it (like in the manner it would move) and how does she react?

dwi

Visit site
I'm guessing that if there is nothing wrong with the foot then it'll be a shoulder or hip joint. Unless you have dropped her or there is anything in her hutch that she can jump off I'd be taking her to the vets because its sounds like a joint inflammation. I've never known this in a guinea pig, they are generally quite uncomplicated in a veterinary point of view so when something is out of the ordinary I'd be looking for expert advice

JustKickOn

Visit site
Have moved her leg and it doesn't seem to be a problem. I haven't dropped her and mum and dad don't do much with them! About 2 weeks ago she leaped of my bed, about 2ft 6 high!!! But the landing was onto squishy pillows. Babe's an odd one. I'll give her a few days and if it gets worse then take her off to the vets.

Thanks for the advice
laugh.gif

Lizzie x