Gutted, 2-3 months off...

Shrimp

Visit site
... for me that is, not Shrimp!
frown.gif

Went to the fracture clinic this morning after my fall on Thursday and the Dr reckons its going to be 2-3 months before I can ride again. (im aiming for the 2 months). That means I wont be able to do anymore events this year and I wont be able to jump untill November at the earliest as I will have to build the strength up in my shoulder.
Im having more X-rays in two weeks to check its healing ok and then i'll be starting the long process of physio.
The realisation of not being able to ride for ages has hit me so im feeling a bit down and upset.
frown.gif

wodger_woo

Visit site
oh dear, try not to let it get you down. My H is an orthopod and he ALWAYS add time onto healing for riders. This is because he knows that if he were to say 6 weeks most riders would be back in the saddle competing again at 6 weeks whether the injury was up to it or not.
crazy.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Oh dear, that is a real bummer. You will be so frustrated at all you are missing and it's a real drag to have to go to physio etc., and painful, too.
frown.gif
Don't try to do too much too soon, though, or you will set the healing process back. Two months will go quickly, you will be surprised. I feel for you.

Ginn

Visit site
Aw hunny! Thats not good. *huggles* hope you're on the mend soon - on the bright side time does fly by all too quickly - 2 months will be gone before you know it!

icestationzebra

Visit site
Your not alone! I went this morning too....although I'm perhaps out for 6 weeks. Have to go back in 6 weeks for an x-ray and all clear. As the ends of my bone are slightly overlapping I can't take the risk of falling on it as that would mean an op to pin it - but keep it rested and it should knit together ok - so I am not going to take any chances! So if it makes you feel any better at all - I am also fed up and frustrated!
crazy.gif