Gutted...

Rambo

Visit site
Just come off the phone from the vet...

On sunday when I went to bring Bo in from the field, I noticed he had some swelling around his o/s fore tendon. There was no heat in the leg, and he wasn't lame, but to be on the safe side we hosed it down with cold water and gave him a few days rest. Yesterday there was no visible sign of the swelling going down, so I decided to get the vet out for a look and a scan if necessary. Well, she agreed with me that he was not showing any signs of lameness or anything, but suspects he might have damaged his check ligament
frown.gif
He's now on box rest and anti-inflammatories until the swelling comes down, and then has to be brought back into work very slowly (over 6 weeks !)...starting with 15 minutes walking twice a day
shocked.gif

I'm gutted as we had just got him going well again after his virus in the summer, and it now looks like we'll miss most of the indoor season too.

Still, his welfare is my first concern, and we'll give him as long as it takes to get him right before we risk jumping again. He's just too special to me to take any risks with
smile.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
Oh no thats not good
frown.gif

At least it happened now though when there is not much going on over the winter.

Hope he has a speedy recovery x

Tia

Visit site
Aww that is such a bummer! I'm so sorry - these blooming horses really are sent to test us.....
confused.gif

TGM

Visit site
What a disaster for you. At least you spotted it before he had a chance to damage it even more. Hope he doesn't find the box rest too tedious.

dieseldog

Visit site
That's awful, but at least you spotted it early before he had a chance to do something more serious. Hope it gets better soon

Rambo

Visit site
Thanks for all your kind words
smile.gif

If any horse will adapt to box rest, he will.....hopefully
crazy.gif
He's such a chilled out character. I just feel so sorry for him because he lives for his outings at the weekends....and he's gonna be devastated when Trike and the others get on the lorry on saturday to go out to a party and he doesn't
frown.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Thanks Weezy....it does seem that our first year back has been dogged with problems....firstly me going lame on and off for 6 months, and now Bo.....
frown.gif
At least I have Trike to play with in the meantime though
smile.gif

BBs

Visit site
Oh bloody hell
frown.gif
I am so sorry to hear this Rambo.

Well I guess, at least, 1. he isnt lame and 2 you may have caught this early in which case he will be back competing before you know it
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I hope we have caught it early ! I'm paranoid about tendons and you hear so many horror stories that I wasn't prepared to take any chances, so got the vet out quickly.

Poor chap is so alert in his stable at the moment...he just doesn't understand why he's getting left in and Trikey is getting all the attention now
frown.gif

SJFAN

Visit site
Such a shame for you and Bo. I don't think even Monty Roberts & co have worked out how to explain these things to our 4 legged friends.

siennamum

Visit site
I think you should give yourself a big pat on the back, there are plenty of people who would have done a little work & made things much worse. At least you can get him 100% again. Bad luck, but you can plan to get out and about in the New Year - it will come around really quickly!

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Such a shame for you and Bo. I don't think even Monty Roberts & co have worked out how to explain these things to our 4 legged friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

PMSL !