H&H article with Lucinda Green

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
How refreshing to see a GP dressage horse on straw, hacked out and strapped.
Also if Lucinda Green thought she was adrift on him my god what would us mere mortals be like.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Haven't read it but saw front cover and will def try to get hold of a copy. I love this occasional series where she gets to go and ride other horses, it's such an eye-opener. I think Mary King did a similar thing with Blue Circle Boy... I also think it's great that the owners let us have this insight so near to major competitions.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I loved the pics and report too, and was thrilled to see our Monty bears more than a passing resemblance in looks and build to Douglas Dorsey..!
I'm not so sure about strapping anymore as things like horse walkers appear to have superceeded methods like that, and so many more people now have access to good trainers to understand how to change their horse's shape.
Plus in the days of cheap grooms it was easier, now many people look after their own horses and just don't get the time (or energy) to strap..(I can still plait a hay whisp after 40 years of learning how)

katelarge

Visit site
I LOVE this strand, it's a great idea and just shows what an incredible horsewoman she is. LG actually took some dressage lessons way back with Sylvia Loch, she rode their Lusos on the lunge and just a voltage roller, so she is a better dressage rider than she gives herself credit for.

To my mind she is the best rider of our generation, the one rider I'd give ANYTHING to ride like. Have a look back at any pic of her riding XC and it's a lesson on how to sit. Genius.

Alibear

Visit site
Haven't read the article yet but I loved the other one she did when she rode a top dressage horse.

Just one question in the photo's her toes are barley in the stirrups , is that right? The ball of her foot is definitly not in them.

Just spotted it and made me wonder.

_jetset_

Visit site
It's a great article and it just shows how hard it really is riding GP dressage horses... they are not the push button athletes some people think they are (I'm talking of comments like, 'well, they have the good horses so what do you expect?')

What would I do for a horse like DD? I am just praying my foalie will be a tenth of the horse he is!

Faithkat

Visit site
Have to agree with you there. I read one of her books and all the way through she was picking fault with her own riding and didn't think she was a very good rider (yeah, right!). I remember thinking that I wish I could win Badminton six times (or whatever it was)all on different horses, by not riding very well!!!!! I thought she was brilliant and has the humility to admit that she'd never have been able to do it if her parents hadn't kept her and allowed her to do nothing else (OK, they were wealthy but you know what I mean)