H&H calendars - please read - Cancer Research

In this week's H&H (the one that came out on the thurs just gone) there was a feature on page 98 "12 calendars for 2007". I'd like to tell you a bit about calendar 10 because i, and the others on my yard made it in order to raise some money for Cancer Research!!!

It all started when an old photographer friend let slip that he had moved into the more "glamorous" end of the photography specturm. Following much laughter and questioning of how potential subjects were identified and persuaded, we hit upon a brilliant idea to raise some money for charity by producing a calendar of us and our horses, wearing less clothes than would normally be expected in a stable yard in the north of England.

This all seemed a great idea over a few glasses of wine, and before we knew it the date was booked and there was no going back!!!!!!!!

The shoot took place in September when a bunch of underdressed and over made up women discovered just how hard it is to bath a horse whilst wearing stilettos!!

Some of the results are below, and to add a little information about the "day job" of the equine's involved.....

The horse in the picture below was the Reserve Elementary Freestyle Champion at this years H&H Winter Dressage Championships with over 73%. She has featured in the H&H for her day job (dressage) and also as the subject of the 'Letter of the Week' but never before as a cow pony!!!!!!! She has also been placed fourth at the National Dressage championships.

farmyardfrolics-emily.jpg

Dawn Chorus was the North West Medium Restricted Regional Champion in 2003 and has appeared at the National Dressage Championships a number of times. Having had a break whilst Kathy concentrated on her career "Corrie" is about to make her Advanced Medium debut.

farmyardfrolics-kathy.jpg

This horse is half brother to Ingrid Klimke's olympic and badminton horse "Sleep Late". Frankie is just beginning his dressage career and has qualified for this year's winter regionals at Elementary level.

farmyardfrolics-nicki.jpg

This picture below is the front cover of the calendar.

farmyardfrolics-grouppic1.jpg

The people involved range in age from 20 to 60 something (they're not telling), and are united by their involvement with horses, sense of humour, and ability to make foolish decisions after a glass or two of wine !

So if anybody would like to have a laugh, and raise money for Cancer Research then please PM me and buy 'Farmyard Frolics 2007'

The calendar costs £4.50 including P&P and is is A4 size (top half pic and bottom half calendar), on thick glossy card and is ring bound along the top!