H&H - have you bought a horse unseen

brunswickbirdie

Visit site
Think this is one for JM7
grin.gif

briardy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever bought a horse unseen? Horse & Hound would like to talk to anyone who may have experience of buying a horse from the internet without seeing it or trying it out first.

Please email jaki_bell@freelance.ipcmedia.com

[/ QUOTE ]yes i bought a coloured weanling "Briardale Sheridan"(now a 2yr old) off a single photo!!!!!!!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
phoned her breeder Annabel Sands (stallion "Briardale Holling King ")i was in south wales she was in north yorkshire!
tongue.gif
so i asked if i sent her the asking price would she deliver her
confused.gif
crazy.gif
confused.gif
she agreed (although she admits she thought i was a time waster!)but that same day i posted the cash special delivery to her!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
a true moment of madness!!!.....but Annabel was as good as her word and delivered her a few days later!
cool.gif
it s was an absolutely crazy gamble but it paid off we ve won too much to list but we won the coloured yearling horse P(UK) SUMMER 2005& 3RD in the open LEE-SMITH(27 in the class),reserve champion welsh part bred at THE ROYAL WELSH 2005 & this year even got placed in the hunter breeding !!
cool.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
wink.gif
won the commanchee coloured open youngstock & was 1st reserve champion coloured in -hand at P(UK) WINTER 2006, WON TROPHY for best in- hand CHAPS performance awards 2005, national reserve in -hand champion BSPA performance awards 2005......plus many more!!
cool.gif
myself & ANNABEL HAVE REMAINED FIRM friends and often laugh when we remember the mad way i bought briardy!!!!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
laugh.gif
in fact i m buying one of "Kings" weanlings this year ! off photos!!!
wink.gif

briardy

Visit site
tell me about it !
crazy.gif
......i had visions of a very happy postman skipping down to his local travel agents with the envolope full of cash !!
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just after i posted it i actually felt physically sick !!
crazy.gif
tongue.gif
crazy.gif

soooo relieved when Annabel phoned me the next morning to say she d recieved it !!!
cool.gif
cool.gif

i was extremely lucky Annabel was such a genuine trust worthy person !!!!
smile.gif