H&H next week!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Lucinda Green visited out yard on Monday this week to ride my sister's horse, Robo - she is doing an article on him in her "Lucinda Rides" series. I missed the whole thing as I had to work
mad.gif
, but everyone said she was really lovely, and she was there for ages - rode Robo in the school and round the field. My sister had her pic taken with them (she normally manages to avoid pics!). Lucinda met lots of the other horses as well and for once no one minded giving the yard a mega tidy before she arrived!

I can't wait to see the article - really excited!

TGM

Visit site
How exciting! Will look out for it. Many years ago I did a Lucinda Green XC clinic and can vouch for the fact that she is a very nice lady and very down-to-earth. Shame you missed her visit.

tigers_eye

Visit site
How exciting! I got the impression from her other articles that she tried to get a good insight into the horses' daily lives and routines. Not surprised it got a good tidy! How many of your horses are going to HOYS?

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
How exciting! I got the impression from her other articles that she tried to get a good insight into the horses' daily lives and routines. Not surprised it got a good tidy! How many of your horses are going to HOYS?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went down yesterday and it looked the same as ever! Funny how tidy yards just can't stay tidy for too long!
We have 7 hunters, 2 hacks, 2 riding horses, 2 cobs entered. Busy old week ahead - really looking forward to it as most of the horses (apart from Bob and Robo) are babies and are on their first visit to HOYS so we have no great expectations other than they behave themselves! In fact, 9 of them are first timers!

burtie

Visit site
I really like Lucinda, she is so nice, how exciting to have her come to your yard to try your sisters horse. I look forward to reading that next week.

BBs

Visit site
WOW how exciting - Lucinda is lovely
smile.gif
I really enjoy those articals of hers so will be very egar to read this latest one
smile.gif

She is so lucky to ride super Robo - hes a babe
grin.gif

Tempi

Visit site
Hi Hun!

I was just saying to my mum this morning when i saw the articale advertised in this wks H&H that it was someone from HHO!!!!
smile.gif

Cant wait to read the article next week, Robo is so gorgeous
smile.gif

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We have 7 hunters, 2 hacks, 2 riding horses, 2 cobs entered

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy cr@p! Got enough grooms? Best of luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not all on the same day! 5 hunters on the Wednesday (although getting 3 into one class will be interesting, and I have been roped in to groom on that day as well). The hacks are on Friday (or Thursday - can't remember!), Riding Horses on Sunday and the 2 cobs and 2 small hunters are on Saturday. Quite nicely spread out really. Probably have 1 driver/groom and one other groom and the rest will be family and other liveries. The folks working on the yard love to go to HOYS anyway, as this is what they have been working towards all year and it is great to see "your" horse take part!

SSM

Visit site
Well where to start, green that you had one of my all time heroines on your yard!!!!!!! (when everyone else had Donny, David and the BayCity Rollers plastered over their bedroom walls I had her and Princess Anne
tongue.gif
)

Will look forward to the article and best of luck for HOYS - trying to work out how I can slip out of work on the Wednesday to come and watch the hunters - now which client in Birmingham needs a visit!?!?!?!?

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]

We have 7 hunters, 2 hacks, 2 riding horses, 2 cobs entered. Busy old week ahead - really looking forward to it as most of the horses (apart from Bob and Robo) are babies and are on their first visit to HOYS so we have no great expectations other than they behave themselves! In fact, 9 of them are first timers!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the most fantastic acheivement to have qualified that little lot, the owners must be thrilled! Hope it all goes well and they all learn from it too let alone do their best; it's all you can ask - even if you do dream of a bit more! Best of luck to all the Team.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Thanks Pat! We have been very busy preparing and have hired two of the local indoor schools to get them used to going indoors - but nothing can really prepare them for standing next to the trains going past outside the main arena and then going into the arena itself!