H&H not arriving on time

HHO admin

Administrator
Visit site
Dear forum users

We are aware that many of you have not received your copy of H&H this week. Please accept our apologies for this. The issues left our print house as normal, but we have been informed that Royal Mail is experiencing a major backlog of post in some areas of the country. This is due to the normal increase in post during December, combined with the problems associated with the snow. We are sorry for the delay, but your issues should arrive once the backlog has cleared. If you wish to speak to our subscriptions department the number is 0845 676 7778, but they are currently receiving a high volume of calls.

HHO Admin

Doris68

Visit site
Thank you for responding. However, I do not understand; Royal Mail have no problem delivering my husband's copy (also IPC) of Rugby World. There appears to be no issue with any of our mail here in Suffolk, apart from H&H!.... I feel this is passing the buck and as I have subscribed to H&H for more years than I care to remember, I wonder if this might be the time I consider whether to renew my subscription or not!!

What use is a copy of a weekly magazine when it is received a week late...??

Supertrooper

Visit site
Thank you for responding. However, I do not understand; Royal Mail have no problem delivering my husband's copy (also IPC) of Rugby World. There appears to be no issue with any of our mail here in Suffolk, apart from H&H!.... I feel this is passing the buck and as I have subscribed to H&H for more years than I care to remember, I wonder if this might be the time I consider whether to renew my subscription or not!!

What use is a copy of a weekly magazine when it is received a week late...??

Yep I'm sorry but I agree, I think this is passing the buck and also it's not just this issue but it's happening more and more often. I pay to get H+H weekly and therefore feel it should arrive on a wed/thurs not on a Saturday or even sometimes a Monday!! If it continues I will be cancelling my subscription :(

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Well I will allow you this one as I didn't get any post for a whole week because of the weather, but my H&H is late more often than on time, whatever the weather, and sometimes it doesn't arrive at all:(. It's still easier for me to have it delivered than go into town to buy it, but I have been wondering whether I really need to have it at all :confused:

DW Team

Visit site
I don't understand this as Royal mail have ben delivering daily in all the snow and ice. Still have not had my magazine yet it was in the shops on Thursday. Don't know if I shall both to renew and buy in the shop if this continues.

babymare

Visit site
omg horse an hound sort this out - i have bought your mag since was 16 every week - im 47 now - and im getting bored with it - little info buts lots of back slapping for a few. freshen it up listen to ppl - thursday was always a day to say"YAY YAY MY HORSE AND HOUND " but now mmmmmm i beginning to think why do i buy it - LISTEN TO YOUR READERS for once x

chrissie1

Visit site
Sadly I agree with previous poster, I am way over her age and also read it since my teens. It used to be required reading, cover to cover, now it is full of the back slapping for the few. I no longer compete and have no gripes that I, or anyone I know, is being left out at others expense. It has almost become 'Hello' for horses.

I ventured into a sub once, and there would have been no weather issues at that time, but I rarely, if ever, received it on the due day. We live on a main road a mile from a sorting office.

I too am reviewing whether I actually need to buy it. :(

ossy

Visit site
Agree with all above this is the first year in about 5 years I will not be having the H&H substription for my christmas. It has not arrived on a Thursday for many many months, uif I'm lucky it comes on the Friday and it I'm not it dosen't seem to arrive untill the Monday. I work next to a newsagent and if the urdge does come over me again to buy one I will be able to work 500yards on thursday lunch time and get it.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I haven't yet received last week's either and I have been getting all my normal post. If it doesn't arrive, do we get a refund or a credit note on our account?

TallyHo123

Visit site
Agree with everyone. What use is a week old copy? Many friends have bought it in the shop and I could of just read theirs. H&H is definatly going downhill.

HHO admin

Administrator
Visit site
We are sorry for the inconvenience - here is a further update from our distribution department.

---------------------------

All copies were collected on schedule from the mailing houses, however last week's adverse weather conditions coupled with a big increase of parcels in the Royal Mail network has resulted in delays in certain parts of the country.

Royal Mail have assured us that they are laying on extra staff to clear the backlog and are not prioritising parcels ahead of magazines and letters.

The areas most likely to be experiencing delays are:

South East & East Anglia - TW,SS, RM, PE, CM, IG, DA1-18, BR, CR, RH, BN, TN, CT, ME, KT15
South West - DT, BH, PO, SO, TR
Northern Ireland - BT
North of England - DL, M, CA, BB, SK, OL, CW, S, DN, LN, NE, SR, DH, LS, BD, HX, HD, YO, HU, and TS
Scotland - ML, DG11 & DG13, DD1-11 ,PH, TD1-14, FK, KY, AB10-16, 21-25, 30-35, 41-43, 45, 51, 53-56, ZE, KW1-13, KW15-17, IV1-5, 8-13, 17-22, 24, 28, 30, 36, 40, 42-43, 45-49, 51, 54-55 & 63, G32-24, 62, 64, 65, 67, 76, 77, 82-84, Rural parts of KA7,14,16,17, 24, EH1-42, 47-55

Midlands - NG

If any subscribers would like to discuss the problems we are currently experiencing please call 0844 848 0848.

Doris68

Visit site
Again, thank you for your response. However, my IP postcode does not appear on your list! Maybe someone should have a word with your distributors as there are obviously serious problems which need to be resolved. From what others have said, this does not seem to be a seasonal one.

Last edited:

billy2

Visit site
I have to say I have only had a problem this last 2 weeks - H&H has been delivered on the Tuesday after Thursday publication - didn't realise all my postcode area was affected, and have got all other mail as usual (why don't bills get delayed?) Have just assumed postman was trying to lighten his load....

charlimouse

Visit site
I still haven't got mine yet!!! I have however got all my other post, so am confused as to why H&H hasn't arrived. I hope I will get an extra week added onto my subscription, this is ridiculous, what use is a H&H which is over a week out of date?????!!!!!

Doris68

Visit site
Well, guess what? I STILL haven't received last week's H&H, nor have I received this week's copy!! What could be the reason I wonder...the weather? the distributors?

I would prefer not to spend several hours of my valuable time trying to get through to an 08 number to "discuss" the matter.

We are at the receiving end of YOUR problems H&H and something should be done to resolve them.

mrussell

Visit site
Well, guess what? I STILL haven't received last week's H&H, nor have I received this week's copy!! What could be the reason I wonder...the weather? the distributors?

I would prefer not to spend several hours of my valuable time trying to get through to an 08 number to "discuss" the matter.

We are at the receiving end of YOUR problems H&H and something should be done to resolve them.

Me neither !! 3rd week in a row and I am also in the IP area so apparently not affected by Royal Mail delays...

All my other post is coming through with no problems at all... seems the problem is only affecting my weekly H&H.. strange that.. }=0[

hobo

Visit site
NO 9th copy and now no 16th copy . It is all very well saying you will run subscription for a further 2 weeks but how do we trust you when we are on a rolling subscription. I will say that prior to this I have had good service. So you must find out where the week link is and sort it. It can't be the weather and christmas as we have had both of these before!!!!

Mitchyden

Visit site
I've just cancelled my subscription and when I gave the reason that it seems to have be late nearly every week for the last two months (only received last week's copy yesterday), I was told that it's Royal Mail's fault. I seem to get my other weekly magazines on time though!!

Also, another thing that really annoys me, is why am I paying £26 per quarter when I could gift it to myself for £20 per quarter?!

One last annoyance is that I don't think its worth the money at this time of year as it seems to have been wafer thin for the last few weeks!!

Supertrooper

Visit site
I did another post on this earlier, i havn't received this weeks copy either. I'm not in the affected postcode areas either and all other post is getting through!! Also as i put in a previous post, this was going on long before the snow or christmas.

DW Team

Visit site
Looks like another phone call to them again this week. No magazine yet other magazines the OH gets from same company coming in no problem. Me thinks they need to look into this ASAP blaming Royal Mail is not good enough our postie has been coming very day in spite of the weather.

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
As someone who has been interested in getting a H&H subscription this year, and the offer coming from OH to have as a Christmas present, after reading the issues other HHOers and no doubt other readers of H&H have had with delivery I have decided against getting a subscription.

The content of copies I have seen isn't anything worth the amount you charge and the reason you give for problems with delivery still isn't made out - see other user's posts re their other post and post codes affected!!

Stop taking it all for granted H&H. People do get hacked off enough and losing subscribers and a guaranteed income from it isn't something any one can take in this climate, particularly when said item is not a necessity. Listen to your readers.

JenHunt

Visit site
We are sorry for the inconvenience - here is a further update from our distribution department.

---------------------------

All copies were collected on schedule from the mailing houses, however last week's adverse weather conditions coupled with a big increase of parcels in the Royal Mail network has resulted in delays in certain parts of the country.

Royal Mail have assured us that they are laying on extra staff to clear the backlog and are not prioritising parcels ahead of magazines and letters.

The areas most likely to be experiencing delays are:

South East & East Anglia - TW,SS, RM, PE, CM, IG, DA1-18, BR, CR, RH, BN, TN, CT, ME, KT15
South West - DT, BH, PO, SO, TR
Northern Ireland - BT
North of England - DL, M, CA, BB, SK, OL, CW, S, DN, LN, NE, SR, DH, LS, BD, HX, HD, YO, HU, and TS
Scotland - ML, DG11 & DG13, DD1-11 ,PH, TD1-14, FK, KY, AB10-16, 21-25, 30-35, 41-43, 45, 51, 53-56, ZE, KW1-13, KW15-17, IV1-5, 8-13, 17-22, 24, 28, 30, 36, 40, 42-43, 45-49, 51, 54-55 & 63, G32-24, 62, 64, 65, 67, 76, 77, 82-84, Rural parts of KA7,14,16,17, 24, EH1-42, 47-55

Midlands - NG

If any subscribers would like to discuss the problems we are currently experiencing please call 0844 848 0848.

isn't that just about everyone?

And it seems, H&H, that the problems don't seem to be related to the bad weather... yes, my postcode is on that list, but my other post has not been interrupted, and for the last 2 or 3 months H&H has been on time twice. And yes, I have spoken to the subs department with no success. :mad:

Last edited:

Bryndu

Visit site
Well...this post doesn't surprise me!!!
I used to subscribe but cancelled my subscription the day the distribution supplier for postal H&H told me that due to the adverse weather conditions they were unable to deliver my copy, so I asked her why my local Tesco had managed to get the 25 copies I was standing next to!!! Her silence was deafening!
H&H.... please.....change your beeping distributer.
Bryndu

tibby

Visit site
My NR postcode is not on the list, got last weeks mag on Tuesday, this weeks has not arrived so got one from Tescos. I have to agree that the content has gone down hill, it always does at this time of the year.I think I will be cancelling my subscription.