H - Update!!!!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Firstly thank you to ALL of you who sent me PMs - rang me and posted to ask after H - I really do appreciate it..

so... the outcome...

sorry it's so late - the vet didn't come friday as he had an emergency - he came out this lunchtime - and my internet was down so I couldn't post to let you all know!

Well... turns out H is lame again on the right hind
frown.gif
It's her annular ligament again - she's not happy - not going forward and taking irregular strides again - Vet was a bit fed up by it - However... all is not lost - He feels that she has torn an adhesion or something has built up and thickened again and she's feeling it - So he wants to bute her up and ride her through it again!
grin.gif

He gave her an intravenous bute and I rode her this afternoon - She is BACK TO NORMAL!! Woohooooo!!! I swear I could've done the most wonderful test on her today - she was balanced, forward and up into the outside rein - every transition was smooth and not a nap in sight!!!
grin.gif

So now I have to work her hard this week to break it all down again - keep her on the bute and call him on friday to report on things!

... will this saga EVER stop! LOL!
Thanks once again for your support!
Kate (and H)
xxxxxx

S_N

Visit site
H is so incredibley lucky to have an owner like you that listens to what she is trying to say!! SO many people would have just tried to push her through it, thinking it was all behavioural! I'll still keep everything crossed for her Kate - she's such a good looking girl!

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Thanks SN - It's true - that chestnut mare really does talk to me - I've learnt over the years when she's not right and when she's just being a bit cheeky!
grin.gif

Kate x

Tia

Visit site
Wonderful news!! That bute is fantastic stuff isn't it!! My little Arab couldn't even place her foot on the ground pre-bute but now is trotting around perfectly......mind you any days that I am a little late in getting it into her.....I can see a huge difference......it obviously starts to really hurt her again.

Long live Bute!!

Hope all goes well for H and she is better soon.
smile.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Kate that's brilliant news(I think
wink.gif
)
So glad it's not something worse....and am very glad that you found the root cause and are able to tackle it.
I'll echo SN's comments,Hvisvso lucky to have her mum looking out for her
grin.gif

Bethxx

ruscara

Visit site
I guess that is good news, then. At least you know what it is, and what to do about it. Here's hoping that she is back sound again very soon.
I echo the others - she is very lucky to have you.

Alibear

Visit site
Phew I have been checking for updates! Glad to hear all is under control and that you are vindicated once more. See you really do know that mare inside and out
wink.gif

I shall keep my fingers crossed that the bute works as planned.

Didn't have the nerve to ring/chase you as I though it would only maker the waiting worse for you.

BBs

Visit site
Thank god!

So pleased to hear this - just what we thought (well sort of hehe)!

Brilliant that you can continue to ride her
smile.gif
and thank god she hasnt lost confidence in you
smirk.gif

Ahh Kate I am so pleased
smile.gif
all is not lost on the BD front!!

star

Visit site
glad to hear it's not too serious and the bute has done the trick. have to say having followed your saga with h, i'm not looking forwards to going through it all with dan. 3more weeks of in-hand walking before im allowed to ride him again and then i guess the rollercoaster really starts!