Ha! Hilarious thing I just heard....

Bossanova

Visit site
A friend of mine bought a little horse a few weeks ago and has had him on livery with us since- she's now got her own land so decided to buy him a companion. Someone told her of a nice Fleetwater Opposition 3 yr old sat in a fireld doing nothing. She went to see him, like him so offered a small amount of money (bearing in mind he's unhandled)
She went to pick up his papers today prior to collecting him and was shocked to see it said he was a stallion....upon further enquiry it turns out he is indeed entire , she hadnt noticed and she is now the proud owner of a 3 yr old, unhandled stallion.
I cant stop laughing- this girl has had horses all her life and *should* know better
crazy.gif
grin.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Excellent news and surely rather than incest its now called line breeding
grin.gif

A baby mcguigan very nice.

Bossanova

Visit site
Ah yes, sorry.... darn shame we cant try it then!
A live baby McGuigan this time would be good- although its not due till like June which is a big bummer but never mind

Winifred

Visit site
Oops. Entire and unhandled, should be fun! Did your mare lose the first mcguigan baby? Or will this hopefully be your second? Fingers crossed as they are so nice (biased!!!)

tarzipan06

Visit site
Similar thing happened to me. Went to buy a cute shettie for the kids, bought him and then realised he was entire
blush.gif
, I just assumed he had been gelded as he was a 6 years old.
Not a huge problem though as had him cut within a week of having him - but it was a bit of a shock - just goes to show always look first
smile.gif

Winifred

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This years baby got cord twisted round and died 48hours before birth. Poor little thing- was a stunning big black colt too
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

How horrid. Fingers crossed for this years