Hacking around Badminton

Jo_x

Visit site
I keep hearing that the yards around Badminton have amazing hacking. Looking at an OS map, it seems there are a few bridleways that cross the estate, and the 7 mile plantation, which I have heard you can ride on. it looks like link up via the roads in the village, but not at the other ends of them except via the A46 - is that right, or are there other routes that are not documented bridleways that are widely used? Do yards in the area tend to have permission to ride on other areas that aren’t “public” routes? I’m trying to work out where the best hacking is

nellietinker

Visit site
There are as you say Bridlepaths on the Estate (not however through Badminton Park). The 7 Mile Plantation is a Permissive Bridlepath. (https://www.badmintonestate.com/the-estate/public-access-and-photography/)

Yards do not have “blanket permission” for their liveries – if you wish to ride across other areas of the Estate you need to contact the Badminton Estate Office for permission. Permission is only granted to people who are within hacking distance (i.e. do not require transport to the Estate)

Jo_x

Visit site
Thanks for the reply! Do you know if permission is generally given to anyone who asks if they’re within hacking distance? Or is it very much case by case?

nellietinker

Visit site
Hi it is usually a case by case but if you contact the Estate Office they will be able to help. If you go to the Badminton Estate website there is a contact form.