Hacking in West Midlands/Warwickshire

JJ1987

Visit site
It's my mate's 21st on 21st Jan and we're looking for somewhere to go for a hack during the day. Both experienced riders so don't want to go plodding round...want a good gallop at least! I live in Hertfordshire now and my mate hasn't ridden for a couple of months due to lack of time so just wondering if anyone has any ideas for places that would cater around the Coventry and Warwickshire areas?
Had bad experiences in the past when supposedly going on "experienced hacks" and ended up wandering down some roads and that was about it so personal good experience would be very welcome on suggestions!
Thanks all

Supertrooper

Visit site
You could pay to ride at the Offchurch Bury estate near Leamington spa. Lovely riding with optional jumps.

It used to be UK chasers but I think they don't do it now but try googling it xx

JJ1987

Visit site
Thanks for that guys, I'm guessing everything is going to be supervised hacks lol down side to not having own horses :(

Foaling Around

Visit site
Not West Mids but close. Supervised, but gorgeous horses and gorgeous scenary - and they let you have a good blast if they think you're up for it (have previously had a pre-ride assessment when went with a friend, there were a couple there who were quite novicey and they noted that and took us out on seperate rides so we could have a few good gallops :D).

http://www.cotswoldsriding.co.uk/

Jazzy B

Visit site
the hacking near Warwick, is shockingly bad like others have said, try the UK chasers at Leamington and Cannock Chase - Bredon Hill in the Cotswolds is brilliant!