Had a bit of an incident!

Billie

community.webshots.com
Hi! I Haven't been on here for ages!

Billy and I celebrated our 16th anniversary last friday. For 12 years this has been incident free, until yesterday.

I was standing to the side of him in the sand school taking off lunging equipment so I could ride. There were some kittens playing in one corner and I knew he was a bit spooked by them but nothing too major. Out of the blue he decided to take off, something he has never done, even when I've been on him. I tried to pull him up but he barged straight into me and knocked me to the ground hitting me in the head with his leg on his way! Luckily I had my hat on but my head really hurt afterwards. I called my fiance who came and walked with me while I took Billy for a short ride down the road and back so we didn't end the evening on the "incident"!

Today, I think I've got mild concussion and whiplash! Dont feel too good, I went to work but came home again by lunchtime. The front of my neck is very stiff and it's really sore down 1 side. I've also got some nice bruises on my knees!

frannieuk

Visit site
Ouch, sounds like you need a big glass of wine and a hot bath.
Hope you feel better soon
smile.gif

TGM

Visit site
OUCH! Hope you are OK and definitely second the wine as a healing option! (Although, I must say that it is not recommended for cases of concussion
crazy.gif
)

Billy obviously just wanted to show you that there is life in the old horse yet
grin.gif

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I had the same sort of injury a few weeks back. Ellie knocked me over trying to save her tea from a friend! I was sent flying backwards and hit my head. The next day the front of my neck wwas agony.....I think it is where you tense up to try to save yourself from hitting your head.

Plenty of wine usually helps in these situations I find
grin.gif

Hope you feel better soon and one such incident in 12 years is pretty good going really!
laugh.gif

S_N

Visit site
Ouchies - daft ponio, honestly! Glad you are mainly OK though!

I think the plan of the vino, bath, more vino and chocolate is in order
laugh.gif

RachelMcTimoney

www.mctimoney4animals.com
poor you! i had an embarassing incident whilst poo-picking, i had a scoop full of poo happily minding my own business when something spooked two of my horses and they just ran into me! sh*t went flying through the air and i was flat on my back in the mud! worst of all there is a drive at the top of my field and the people who live in house saw it all as they slowly drove down their drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope that makes you feel better it was hilarious!